Mums case goes to panel on 21st April !

SueShell

Sep 13, 2012
Orpington
Those that know my story know that I had a nervous breakdown. Mum had yet another fall, this time fracturing her pelvis and send straight to a NH from hospital. She's has been there over 4 months now, yes 4 months! SW been on 2 weeks leave apparently and she visited Mum 3 weeks ago.

Mum doubly incontinent, bed ridden because cannot weight bear, asthmatic, weighs 5 stone 10 and she no longer even remembers where she lives. I have told the SW that if they send her home to let me know who to give the keys to because I am not having any hands on involvement with my Mum. She's not too bad to others, but absolutely evil to me and I cannot go back to feeling suicidal again. Guess I just want some reassurance that she won't be sent home. Nowadays it seems to be more about money than the welfare of the person so it just wouldn't surprise me if they send her home.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Probably just going through the motions, you know, proper procedure and all that. Would be surprised and shocked if they sent her home in present state.

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
If they attempt it and id be flabbergasted if they did, then get local mp, GP and the papers informed... make sure you have the full name a title of the social worker first though and their manager!!! Then see what actually happens.

You must look after yourself, I really feel for you, you gave your absolute all and are rewarded with worry! Please keep coming on here and getting support xxxx

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
When my mum was taken to hospital 6 weeks ago it was her second time of being on the floor all night confused and terrified. I told the hospital social worker that i had emptied the key safe and had the only set of keys to the house. If they wanted her hlme they would need to change the locks or call the police. I told them i would call a solicitor and the papers. My mum is self funding and sending her come last time was easiest. Dont take their calls and keep the keys.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Also SueShell i hope you are getting support to get your health back. Keep posting. We got your back. You are doing the right thing.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Hi Sue
It's awful that anyone would even think of sending your mum home like that, but we know it happens.

My only advice would be to stick to your guns and don't get involved if they try to send her home. My question would be how is it in her best interests to be living alone when she is unable to walk?

I hope all goes well with panel.