Mums care home have given her notice after 2 and a half weeks

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Chemmy, Its interesting that the home have told me that she is disrupting the other residents, but I've seen no sign of that yet!

The resident's visitors rarely do see the signs, it happened again tonight that a lady there who's calm as anything when her daughter visits kicked off and slapped another resident not too hard but unprovoked.
If you want to get the big picture speak to the other visitors and see if you can get a honest answer out of them as to what they've seen.
My wife went into care after 6 months in an assessment unit so I've known some of the relatives for a while now, likewise people that go into care from assessment aren't usually there from choice so it may be that we visit a lot more, because we had little choice about what happened as it's under section so the "difficult" end of the spectrum.
I think I can predict the next 2 residents who'll be asked to leave, one because the potential for violence is becoming more marked daily and the other because they display aggression towards anyone who is a "talker" i.e. someone who mutters, talks nonsense or shouts out sometimes, there is verbal and arm waving at the moment but it'll get worse.
I'm only 6 weeks into the new home but I believe I could tell you the name of all the staff, carers and domestic and about 2/3 of the residents, I visit everyday so I think I'm pretty well up on what's happening.
I'd be happy that the chance to move on is being offered it isn't necessarily that traumatic and if it gets her better care then it's all good.
K

Debbs3006

May 23, 2016
The resident's visitors rarely do see the signs, it happened again tonight that a lady there who's calm as anything when her daughter visits kicked off and slapped another resident not too hard but unprovoked.
If you want to get the big picture speak to the other visitors and see if you can get a honest answer out of them as to what they've seen.
My wife went into care after 6 months in an assessment unit so I've known some of the relatives for a while now, likewise people that go into care from assessment aren't usually there from choice so it may be that we visit a lot more, because we had little choice about what happened as it's under section so the "difficult" end of the spectrum.
I think I can predict the next 2 residents who'll be asked to leave, one because the potential for violence is becoming more marked daily and the other because they display aggression towards anyone who is a "talker" i.e. someone who mutters, talks nonsense or shouts out sometimes, there is verbal and arm waving at the moment but it'll get worse.
I'm only 6 weeks into the new home but I believe I could tell you the name of all the staff, carers and domestic and about 2/3 of the residents, I visit everyday so I think I'm pretty well up on what's happening.
I'd be happy that the chance to move on is being offered it isn't necessarily that traumatic and if it gets her better care then it's all good.

K
Thanks for that advice Kevinl. i'm starting to get a feel for what I need to be looking for. And I am hopeful that if e get it right it will be a better experience for her

Caroleca

Jan 11, 2014
Ontario canada
Dearest Deb...I would absolutely not be offended....my dad said for year...mom is way more advanced than the others...and in some ways she certainly still is....she can sing all the words to any of the songs at social events....she can dance like Ginger Rogers...believe me...she twirls me around the floor! However, if we talk to the staff they will say mom is very advanced in her dementia...

I believe that by what u have said that your mom will need extra care..so a new home sounds great....I'm glad you are feeling better about your situation! Tp is a wonderful discussion group....keep posting.
Carole

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513