1. mackie

mackie Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    Well it has been 3 months now since my Mum passed away. It is her birthday today so I chose the flowers she loved to go on her grave and wished her a happy birthday. Just a shame she is not here to enjoy it. Miss you Mum XX

2. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    Happy Birthday to your Mum, Mackie and supportive hugs for you. What were the flowers you got for your Mum? Did you get some for yourself too? Hope you can think of some good memories of past birthdays so it's not just a sad day. Take care x

3. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    She will always be with you Mackie, in your heart and in your head....so remember her on this special day.
    Love Maureen.x

4. mackie

mackie Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    I'm not sure what flowers they were as they were a mixture but some were blue which was her favourite colour. I didn't buy any for myself, perhaps I should have done. I did buy a big cream cake though which was naughty but nice! I thought of her when I was eating it as in the later stages she used to get in such a mess eating turnovers which were her favourites. x

5. Effy

Effy Registered User

Jul 26, 2015
    Northern Ireland
    I smiled at your reply about the cream bun; I hope you can smile too. I'm sure your mum was very glad she had you to bring her little treats too.
    Take care xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

6. mackie

mackie Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    Well this year has just got worse as we had to put Mum's cat to sleep today. Very sad thing to do especially as his name was the only one she remembered when she was seriously ill in hospital. I didn't want to see him suffer but he was keeping my Dad company in the house with my Mum gone. We are going to bury him tomorrow in the rockery in the garden which was his favourite place to hide from my Mum when she was looking for him. Feeling very downhearted at the moment.

7. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    Hugs Mackie, horrible isn't it how things seem to pile up and affect you more than if they happened individually. Might your Dad (and you) perhaps get some comfort from adopting an older cat that has lost its owners through ill health or similar? Just a thought that maybe it would help your Dad to think of helping someone else who can no longer care for a loved pet. Sorry if not appropriate xx

8. mackie

mackie Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    Funnily enough Celia, I have just been on the Cats Protection League site and think that it would be a good idea to adopt an older cat for Dad but not straight away. I will suggest it when the time is right so great minds think alike!

9. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    Phew, was worried I might have said the wrong thing x