Mum's been put on a pureed diet

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Last summer I posted about how we had had to have Mum's fluids thickened, first to nectar thickness and then to honey thickness.

Now, after another assessment, they said they felt that a pureed diet would be better for Mum, as she has started choking again. Again, this is difficult for me, simply because of the implications.

I'm also not looking forward to the phone call from my dreaded aunt, who has a thing about Mum being fed pureed food. The last message I got from her she was complaining that they were feeding Mum pureed food. I don't know why she has such a negative attitude to it but she does.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Joanne

So sorry to read that your Mum has got to the this stage, as you say there are a lot of implications involved.

No idea what you do about the Aunt, she will drive you are the CH staff to distraction.

Last edited:

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I know how you feel Joanne. My husband has been on pureed food and thickened drinks for 9 months and is now holding food in his mouth and choking when trying to swallow. I must admit it worries me and I too don't like the implcations. I am hoping it is a blip because he has been managing so well with the pureed food. Oh how I hate this dreaded disease.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet