Mum's appointment today

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Hello all,
Just wanted to share with you how mum's appointment to have her breast lump checked at the hospital went. Well, it is definitely breast cancer and she has 2 large lumps and a slightly suspicious lymph node. They need to get her another appt urgently for a full body scan and bone scan to check to see whether the cancer has spread. It is such awful news and I am trying to remain positive and upbeat for her, but boy is it hard. What with all the worry with Dad of late, I just cannot believe this has happened on top. Mum remained positive, but I know didnt fully understand what the consultant was telling her, by the questions she asked back. Glad I was there for her, but just feel sick and numb at the moment. Wanted to let you all know, just dont know when all this bad news is going to come to an end. I hope that she will be okay but I dont really know much about cancer and the consultant said that if it had spread they would try to contain it and hopefully give her many years, but it sounds like there is no cure if it has spread. They gave it straight and she accepted it with her usual positiveness (but I know she felt it, just not how we all would show things). I know that she really didnt want a mastectomy (who does!), but it looks like that will be the lesser option as it will mean it is only in the breast and that must be a good thing, rather than it has spread. Lets hope it hasnt spread and we go back in 2 weeks (will feel like forever).

It really has put everything into perspective for me this last few weeks and nothing seems to matter much anymore, except for family and health (those really are the things that matter in life arent they - add happiness onto that!!).

Snooky xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Snooky,

I'm really sorry to hear about your Mum and I do hope that they have caught it in time. Troubles never seem to come alone do they?

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi Snooky,
It does not rain but it pours.
I do hope that the cancer is caught in time.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this very difficult time.
Very best wishes
Christine

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Snooky

I'm so sorry your mum has had her cancer confirmed. I do hope they have caught it in time, and it hasn't spread. You've had enough bad news recently.

Love and hugs,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear snooky,
I`m really sorry about your mother`s news. Can only keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome.
Take care xx

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Hi all,
Thanks for your lovely replies. I can't help being worried but am hoping that everything is okay. Let's hope and pray everything is okay for mum. Have been so busy worrying about dad lately that I couldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams something like this would happen to mum. Just dont really know anything about cancer and how it works, etc, and the unknown is quite scary. Hope everything works out fine and I can report that back and let you know.
Love to you all.
Snooky xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Let's hope and pray everything is okay for mum.

I'm sure you can count on TPers to do this. I'm so very sorry your poor Mum has to face this - and you too. Just want you to know that caring thoughts are winging towards you, and with them some big

{{{HUGS}}}

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Thanks Nell - I always appreciate your lovely comments. Hugs back to you too but I haven't quite worked out how to do them yet!!!:D
Snooky x

forgetmenot

Jul 6, 2007
London
cancer

It is very difficult coping with the knowledge that someone has cancer as well as dementia. My mother does not know and would forget immediately afterwards. We went back to the hospital today for a further x-ray and her lung cancer is contained in one lung and it appears not to have spread since the diagnosis in November. We go back in 3 months unless she deteriorates in that time. I have been told it is terminal and they cannot treat it.

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Hi Forgetmenot,
Thanks for your reply. I am very sorry to hear about your mum. My mum does not have dementia as well, but my dad does. We have an appt on Monday for the scans and then go on the Tuesday for some results and treatment. It has been a very very long week and I am hoping and praying that the cancer is contained. Thinking about you and your mum and take care.
Love
Snooky xx

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Hi Forgetmenot,
Thanks for your reply. I am very sorry to hear about your mum. My mum does not have dementia as well, but my dad does. We have an appt on Monday for the scans and then go on the Tuesday for some results and treatment. It has been a very very long week and I am hoping and praying that the cancer is contained. Thinking about you and your mum and take care.
Love
Snooky xx

Snooky

Best of luck for Monday and Tuesday. Let's all hope that the cancer has not spread.

Beverley xXx

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Hi Beverley,
Thanks for your kind thoughts. We are remaining positive and I hope that I can post here after Tuesday that the cancer is contained. Good to speak to you, because I really feel for you in your posts, look after yourself and stay strong.
Love
Snooky xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RP9