Mum's 70th birthday BBQ

mollieblue

May 16, 2007
belfast
Well all, We had a good weekend with mum! YAY!!:D

I'd been on nightduty on friday night (I'm a radiographer) and I'd been up since 4.30 am having had about 3-4hrs sleep!!

Phoned my brother at 9.30am to ask what mums form was like - "not good" was the response!! oh well , brace yourself and see how we go I thought!!

So of course it was the hottest day ever on sat and must have been 30'c in my back garden but anyway all the family arrived (19 adults and 3 kids) mums brother, dads sisters and various partners. my brother and his new fiancee (her first time meeting the family en mass!!)

And honestly mum was way better than we could have hoped for! Big BBQ, balloons, presents, banners, chocolate birthday cake with candles - the works!

I had a scrapbook made up like this is your life for her 65th birthday and we brought it out and everyone was talking about old times and memories (mum too a bit as her long term memory isn't as bad!)

I've enclosed the big family photo which we took mums the one in the red cardigan. I'm in the multi coloured dress!

If you were praying it would all go well, thanks as it really did!

although I did laugh to myself when I opened the door to her at the start and she said "happy birthdy pet" to me!!! (when i told her it was her birthday she grinned and said "ha caught you out!!)

Pecious few great days sometimes so Its nice to share them! Love ANN x:D

IMG_0784a.JPG

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thank you for posting Ann - it sounds as though you all gave your mum a lovely day and a great memory for all of you - I am sure that you have many more occasions to look forward to.
Love Helen

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
How lovely for you all. Thanks for sharing with us. A big "well done" for going ahead, sometimes it is surprising how well things turn out.

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello Ann

What a lovely photo of a lovely family,who's the cheeky boy in the centre?

Belated Happy Birthday to your Mum, too.

Mum had her 76th last month, every visitor or member of staff that wished her Happy Birthday got a very happy response from her, she forgot each time!

Kathleen
x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Now yes that surly is a lovely family photo , you have your mother smile .

`must say your mother look good for 70 :)

he cheeky boy in the centre

His doing the peace Sigh of the 60s :D

mollieblue

May 16, 2007
belfast
Thanks everyone, thought you'd enjoy the pic!
The cheeky boy is Macauley being reigned in by his mum (my cousin Tracy) and his baby brother on his grandads knee is Jacob. the other child is another cousins daughter Eva.
My brother and fiancee are jusy behind my mum in the photo!
It really was a success although she was exhausted! I talked to her today on the phone - hard to tell if she remembers it all or is just pretending to, to cover her tracks. either way it doesn't matter as the day itself was great for all!

Ann x :)

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Hi Ann

It is so nice to read such a lovely post.
I do not know how to view your family photo, so I can only assume it is a happy one.
I am really pleased that things went well for you all.

Take Care
Janetruth x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Ann, Whether your mum remembers it or not, I`m sure she will have enjoyed it at the time and that`s what matters.

It looks like a lovely family gathering giving fond and happy memories for everyone. What more could you want.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Love xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts