Mum

Andrea

Sep 3, 2003
Isle of Wight
Well, my Mum`s suffering came to an end last Thursday after a sudden decline in the last month. She was diagnosed 6/7 yrs ago. It was very sad to see her in such a poorly state at the end but a blessing to know it`s over. Dad has cared for her throughout, at home, and now faces his own struggle without her. His whole life has been devoted to looking after her and has to fill the enormous emptiness he will feel for quite some time I suspect. Thanks for these pages. I havn`t often written but have read often and everyone`s comments have been interesting, helpful and comforting. We have come to the end of our journey and I wish everyone well for theirs.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Andrea,

Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your Mum. This is obviously a very difficult time for you all and especially for your Father, who is going to feel a very great emptiness in his life.

It is so thoughtful of you to spend the time to write and say how much you've gained from Talking Point especially when so much else is so important just now and so much to do.

I shall be thinking of you and your family and do hope that you may have time in the future to let us know how you are getting along.

Warmest regards,

Jude

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Andrea
thinking of you in your sad loss,but thinking more of Dad.
I can only imagine what his life will be like now and dread the time when mine will be similar
All best wishes
Norman

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Andrea, so very sorry to hear of the loss of your mum. It will be a difficult time for you all right now. But yes you can have consolation by knowing her suffering has ended, and she flies free from the prison of dementia. As you and Norman say, your dad will be feeling a great emptiness. He will need you and you will need him more than ever to help get through it. Memories will be the best keepsakes, their and your times together before the dreaded AD came to stay. Thinking of you all, Love She. XX

Gee

Jun 23, 2004
london
Hi Andrea,
I just wanted to pass on my deepest sympathy to you, your Dad and your family. My Mother died on the 26th July so I know exactly what your Dad must be feeling like. Give him lots of love and cuddles, and tell him that we are all thinking of him at this time. When you've cared for someone for so long, and you've done everything for them, it's so hard to stop suddenly. I found the hardest part is that I had to let her go on her own, that I could'nt go with her to show the way, help, explain things for her so that people would understand her, show her that there is nothing to be afraid of. Then someone reminded me that now she is free. She is with everyone who loved her and went before her. She doesn't have Alzheiners any more. I'm still raw but I hold on to these thoughts, maybe your Dad in time will be able to as well.
Love to you Gee