Mum

barmby

Nov 6, 2006
Hi..Just letting you know about mum..She is still on a surgical ward waiting for a Barium Enenema...They cancelled the CT scan due to mum improving..We had been waiting for that initially..Now we are still waiting for the Barium..I cant make sense of it all and I am a Nurse...We have spoke with the Sister and she sort of agreed that its been a long time..Do you know she has been on a ward for 3 weeks without one Test....First they were going to do the Sigmoidscopy then they decided not,then the CTscan,and now the Barium Enema....Its crazy as I want to scream at them all but mum is getting really good care and they are treating her with dignity which is good so I dont like to complain...She does look better but we still dont know what caused the diarrhoea in the first place and if discharged without any tests then what do we do as she will go back to a residential home and the whole thing may start again....Why cant they simply do the tests,rule out things ,then get her back to the home where there is less likely hood of her picking up infections...I just refrain from saying too much because I know she is receiving good care...

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
No wonder the NHS is in financial trouble! I thought they were eager to move people through the wards as quickly as possible. Have you spoken to the consultant? I do think, no matter how good the nursing staff are, that when it comes to getting information, you need to speak to the "engine driver".

Jennifer

barmby

Nov 6, 2006
Yes your right...I think we need to speak to the Consultant and will hope to do so when my sister arrives today....I think we have been patient enough now and I am starting to get annoyed at the delay......Will keep you posted....Thanks