Mum

barmby

Nov 6, 2006
Hi..My mum has been in hospital since a week last Friday..She was admitted with Diarrhoea and Abdominal distention...They booked a CT scan a week last Monday and she has not had it yet...It seems along time to wait..In my experience as a Nurse when a CT scan was ordered they would usually have it the same week...If She doesnt have it this week then she has waited two weeks...She has Alziemers,late stages,and is very frail....Is this normal to wait this length of time...

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
They STILL haven't done it? Either it needs to be done, or it doesn't, and if it does, it should be done now. You need to start complaining (formally). It's unconscionable that they should leave an elderly person in pain and distress for this long, and you need to TELL them that. This is definitely a situation where you and your family need to be very proactive. The first stop in making a complaint is your hospital's PALCS department I believe (check your local PCT web site).

Jennifer

MJK

Oct 22, 2004
Hi,

It's usually called PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) ,and I've found them very helpful in the past when I've had problems with a hospital.

mjk