Mum!!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I stayed at mums on Monday as I had spent the day with dad at his.When I arrived she was in a chatty mood but also very confused and upset . I had numerous comments about the cat.
I had enough and just went to bed.
I heard mum get up early so I stayed as long in bed as I could.
I got up to hope that it would be a peaceful breakfast.No such luck.
I know mum doesn’t have dementia but she is certainly getting confused.
Again numerous chats about the cat.Its adopted mum with her encouragement but it belongs over the road.
Then she said she isn’t coping (she isn’t) but won’t let me help much. Although I did manage to weed her garden last week.
Then it was she wants to go into a home for a weeks respite so her bathroom can be done.
I could organise for her but I don’t have LPOA.Plus also she changes her mind so frequently it is better for her to do it.
She followed me whilst I was in the lounge eating still talking about the cat. She wondered if she left for a week whether the cat would move back.
I told her I didn’t know what the cat would do.I also told her to get dress as she had forgotten to do so. I left early to go to dads .That day went well (NOT) . Glad to be home.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry you had such a bad day @TNJJ - I hope today is better

I would watch out for your mum, BTW, there are things that you have written that may be warning flags.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
@TNJJ I agree with @canary there are several things which are concerning.

As for the LPOA, I would try and get that sorted as quickly as possible. The fact your mother keeps changing her mind about things is very concerning.