mum

dream

Feb 9, 2008
shropshire
had doctor down on wednesday mum in really bad pain he was bloody hopeless, had doctor to day while dad was away for a couple of hours really good doctor took all the tablets that were no good, gave her stronger tablets i gave her one and she really brighten up and started talking even though some times you did not understand her bless her.the doctor said mum has only have about 2 wks to live and the doctor said let her spend her last weeks at hope with pain killing tablets, for the first time in years when i gave mum a good bye kiss she cuddled me and did not want to let me go.i feel like screaming hitting out why does she have to dye though alzheimers and this terriable cancer. sorry about spelling never was very strong subject.i am so tired of being strong.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear Dream

Keeping strong is what we as carer's do. No consolation I know:(
I am worn out, but something, I do not know what, keep's us going:)
Barb & Ron XX

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Dream
Sorry to hear about your mum.
I am glad your second doctor was better than the first and was able to help your mum a little.
Will be thinking about you.
Much love Roseann

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
.i am so tired of being strong.

Oh Dream I know the feeling, but strong is the only way to help your mother and your father during her final weeks.

At least you had good support from what I presume was an emergency doctor, and as long as your mother can be kept relatively pain free it will be easier for you to bear.

Take care

Love xx

dream

Feb 9, 2008
shropshire
mum has had a good day today i dont think it will last. up and down all the time. it is golden days when she is pain free.thank you for all you love and support at least i feel a balance in life when i talk to you all.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thank God you have the pain relief your Mum needs and you can treasure the 'good' days.

Thoughts are with you. Keep strong.
Jan

barbara h

Feb 15, 2008
county durham
Hello Dream

My mam sadly passed away a week passed tuesday and when i read posts on t.p from people facing the end of this illness i dreaded it and worried about where i would get the strength to face it when it happened to my mam.

Everyone on here said and supported me by saying that i would and take it from one who has recently experienced it you do. I don't know how but the way i coped with it was thinking my mam was going to a better place and was going to be at peace instead of being trapped within this dreadful illness.

I wish you well over the coming weeks.

love
barbara h