mum

dream

Feb 9, 2008
shropshire
more news on mum. have been very busy with my sisters looking after her which gives dad a break. care is coming in every morning to wash and dress her, social services are involved as well, mum is getting worse every day now in terrible pain with cancer it is very upsetting they have had to give her stronger pain killers the doctor said her cancer will spread more rapidly with haveing alzheimer, words could not say what i saw here like this morning. she was a very strong woman and she is a little old lady her mind running on reserve and in so much pain. i hope to god she will go soon free of pain.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh dream, that is so sad. Cancer and AD is the cruellest combination, and it must be so hard for you to see your mum suffer.

I hope you and your sisters are giving each other support, and also helping your dad. You are so lucky to have each other.

I wish you all the strength to get you through this terrible time. you'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thinking of you and your mum Dream...hopefully the stronger painkillers will give her some relief.
Love Helen

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Dream
So sorry your mum is in so much pain.
I do hope they can help her soon.
I an glad you have your sisters to help.
Sending you all much love
Roseann

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Dream

Is there no help to be had from the Hospice movement for your mother`s pain. They are supposed to have a wonderful reputation for helping to control it.

Even if your mother is not yet ready to be admitted to a hospice, I`d be tempted to phone one and see if they have any advice.

Such terrible pain with Alzheimers is unthinkable.

Love xx