Mum

Iamarshall

Jan 11, 2019
Mum changes every day . One day shes so her its like there is no sign of dementia . Have just managed to get a memory clock , to remind her of tablets but still doesnt like it, says i dont need that. Conversation still on a loop, i try to change chat but we end up back on the loop. I feel like im pushing all this stuff on her, memory aids, pressure cushions, assessments and more and is she really ready for it all

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hi @Iamarshall it sounds like you are doing everything right for your Mum, she obviously won’t believe that she has dementia, but putting things slowly in place to help her can only be a good thing.
I’m pleased you are finding DTP a good place for support

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Mum changes every day . One day shes so her its like there is no sign of dementia . Have just managed to get a memory clock , to remind her of tablets but still doesnt like it, says i dont need that. Conversation still on a loop, i try to change chat but we end up back on the loop. I feel like im pushing all this stuff on her, memory aids, pressure cushions, assessments and more and is she really ready for it all

A memory clock was one of the best things I bought for mum, she loves it -its the only way she stays orientated to time, day/date and season. We now have two, one in the kitchen and one in the lounge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba