mum

dream

Feb 9, 2008
shropshire
mum has broken her hip just over 10 days ago have had messages from my sisters up dating me as i have take mothering law for a week holiday she has the same problems but she lives in bristol talk about a holiday from hell she is so selfish have been so upsett about mum and all she could talk about her woes and completely will not understand how upsett i am, on top of that my mum is incontinent, plus one of her kidneys is failing and i think she is giving up the will to live and dad is devestated and keeps on hoping she will come home so many problems. i hope i do not get like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear dream,
So sorry to read about your Mum.
I expect at this present time you feel split in two.
Is there any way that you can visit your Mum?
Perhaps your husband could look after Mother in law for a while.
Best wishes
Christine

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Dear Dream,

I'm so sorry to read about your present situation. It must be so distressing for you. Hope you are able to enjoy some of your holiday despite MIL.

Of course every case is different and your mum has other health problems but I wanted to reassure you a little with what I've seen this last week at the NH where my husband lives.

An elderly lady fell and broke her hip. She was sent to hospital but was only there a few days where she was operated on and then came back to the Home. She is a very frail, thin lady which a puff of wind would blow over. Both myself and the staff have been amazed at her incredible recovery. It is now 2 weeks since her fall and she is moving around on a zimmer frame, eating and appears her normal self again! Amazing isn't it!! She doesn't speak much and doesn't like people speaking to her so I haven't been able to have a chat with her but quite honestly she has shocked us all by the speed of her progress.

I hope that you will be writing something similar when you see your mum.

All my love to you in this very difficult situation.

xxTina T

dream

Feb 9, 2008
shropshire
went to see mum last night so pleased to see me her eyes lit up. had bad water infection her kidney is playing up and she has refused 2 scan have told dad he could go with her and she will not be to frightened if he can hopefully she will be out in about 6 days with the help of social care. so at least dad has accepted help at long last. he is very tired but he has talked to the doctor and asked for no medical intervention and my mum will be gratfull for that. so there is a bit of good news.on my final point all the people that use this site i wish to thank them for all the support you are give me i do not feel so alone. will keep in touch and let you know what happens next.