Mum yesterday.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Arrived at mums yesterday to find she was tired. She wasn’t ready to go out shopping so I had to wait. She was talking to me about birds etc and realised she hadn’t taken her heart pill. This pill needs to be taken with breakfast which she had already eaten. So that wasn’t a good start.
Finally arrived at the shops which was ok until we arrived at the cat aisle. We had a major discussion about whether the cat would be sick if he ate too much fish. Apparently there was too much fish in the cat aisle and not enough meat. This is a new thing.The new obsessions are the bird feeders and whether the cat will get sick. It’s not even her cat. At one point she was never feeding it but now she does . Everyday is a major debate. I told her yesterday she was driving me mad. She knew that as she was driving herself mad. Things physically are getting worse now with her since they have lowered her levithyroxine as it was interfering with her heart.I lasted 3 hours. It doesn’t seem enough but I was pulling my hair out. Thank heavens I’m away next week.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope you have a proper rest @TNJJ.

Have you made any extra provision for the care of your mum and dad? If not and it turns out they are OK without you, perhaps you can reduce your caring hours a little when you get home.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I hope you have a proper rest @TNJJ.

Have you made any extra provision for the care of your mum and dad? If not and it turns out they are OK without you, perhaps you can reduce your caring hours a little when you get home.
Hi. Dad has the carers in 4X a day now. Mum won’t have anybody in accept me. I don’t do her personal care just cleaning and shopping. So she should be ok. The carers have my daughter’s number if there is an emergency. Both have lifeline (dad doesn’t know how to use it though)