• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Mum with dementia

Susie7300

Jul 10, 2020
My mum was diagnosed with dementia Jan 2017 and I’m finding it increasingly difficult to help care for her. She depends on me so much and wants me to be with her all the time, dad can’t cope and I’m due back to work soon and don’t know what to do x

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Susie7300

Hopefully we’ll be able to steer you in the right direction. Have you contacted Social Services to see what they could offer to help your dad cope with your mum while you’re at work?

Susie7300

Jul 10, 2020
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Susie7300

Hopefully we’ll be able to steer you in the right direction. Have you contacted Social Services to see what they could offer to help your dad cope with your mum while you’re at work?
Hi there I’m only in contact with mums dementia team. Dad was poorly the beginning of the year and in hospital for a couple of weeks.. when he came out they had carers twice a day for half an hour to helP with dads meds and dinners but mum wouldn’t allow them to do anything as it’s her routine to do it all. I have a phone phobia so struggle talking with anyone on the phone which makes everything so much more difficult. I’m nearly at my wits end as to what and how I can help them both x thank you for replying

Sarasa

Apr 13, 2018
@Susie7300 , sympathies about the phone phobia. I'm deaf and find talking on phone, specially to people I don't know, very tricky. I try to do everything by email or ask people to text me. I would email and explain that they need to contact you in the way you find comfortable. I've called out several companies on their lack of special needs support, but it is a right royal pain. I can just about manage with the phone on speaker phone, would that be easier for you? The other option is to get someone to do the talking for you if you have anyone that could help. My husband calls himself my 'hearing husband', along the lines of a hearing dog.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allison meredith