Mum the Magpie...

Robstick

May 4, 2013
I have to see the funny side of this, I guess we all do!

The other day the carer purchased some squash and left me the receipt. I duly left the money in the diary, with the receipt, to reimburse her.

Next day the receipt was still there but no money. I left a note in the running diary to ask if she had received the money? Nope!!

Learning the lesson (you do, don't you), I put more money in an envelope and wrote the carers name on it. This time she got the money and left me the change.

Yesterday I found the original money hidden under a picture frame...

Makes a change from hide the keys, I suppose...

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
You have to smile, perhaps we shouldn't but it's better than crying.

supermum

May 12, 2013
we have the hiding of money in her tights [in the cupboard I might add] hiding keys .
the only thing that has been safe from being pugged away so far is the telly controller

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
We lost the sky remote for weeks. I eventually bought another one as I thought it had been thrown out with the rubbish. Yes, you guessed it turned up a couple of days after I bought the new one!!

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
We lost the sky remote for weeks. I eventually bought another one as I thought it had been thrown out with the rubbish. Yes, you guessed it turned up a couple of days after I bought the new one!!

As the great DelBoy would say "that's just tropical":D

supermum

May 12, 2013
so nice to be able to talk with people that know what it feels like to be constantly looking for the stuff the house has lost or moved lol

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
When Pete was at home the first place I looked was in his pants! Honestly it's true. The phone and the remote controls were the objects he liked to hide most-don't know why. He couldn't use the phone or speak down it, and the TV was a no go area as he thought it was talking to him.

Take care
Lyn T

sarahp

Feb 23, 2013
Omg

Omg, I was going to post one myself just as similar because I've just had a day of searching for things!!

I spent all morning looking for the back door key out of the door!! I couldn't go out all blooming morning because I couldn't find it, searched high and low!! Mum has it in her jeans pocket!!!! Spent ages making a nice meal for tea, sat down stretched out for my insulin bag with all my tablets in it too, gone!! Where did I leave it??? Well put it this way by the time I found it I didn't even want my tea!! It was eventually found packed with half of my other halfs clean washing and a few other random items and my mums nighty etc!! Laughing about it now but not at tea time!! And sky remotes too! We have 3 one day none the next!

I have to search for items most days. It would actually look funny if I had a camera, mum must just pick things up behind me, I can go around the house cleaning and things just get uncleaned behind me, I can put something down turn round and its gone!
I'd have the benny hill theme tune :)

Sarah xx

Sunbell

Jul 29, 2010
Yorkshire, England
One of the worst (or maybe best:)) finds I had when my mum used to be in her own flat was when I cleaned the fridge out one day. The fridge had a small box top freezer which had become all iced up so I scraped it and de-iced it to find a plastic bag with 'notes' rolled up inside. After very careful thawing it revealed £315 in notes, all a bit wet and soggy but I soon dried them out:D. Poor mum had no idea who had put it there:confused:

You've got to laugh sometimes, if you didn't you would cry!

Sunbell xx

Robstick

May 4, 2013
Thanks for your replies...

It's one reason I love this forum, we can all share our experiences and sometimes make light of them, other times not, obviously.

It is good to know you are all out there and if this darn disease has done one thing good, it is that we talk to people on here from all over the world that we otherwise would never have encountered (and those too shy to post but take strength from reading others experiences).

Best wishes to all

Rob

p.s Not just you that writes essays Sarah ;)

sarahp

Feb 23, 2013
Searching again!! Arghhh

Thought I'd resurrect this as today yet again I've had my clothes pinched!!!

When I got up this morning I left my jodhpurs out to go riding this afternoon as my OH has given me some respite.

OH has since taken mum out. Jodhpurs are nowhere to be seen!! Sometimes I think I'm going potty, I cannot find them anywhere as is always the case. Mum has the best hiding places you could ever imagine!! So I have a few hours break but have spent it looking for my belongings haha!! My OH is not as observant as I, mum could even be wearing them for all I know because she also changes her clothes like Houdini! I took my eyes of her for a few moments!

Now off to try to find something to wear!!! Don't know why but I felt the need to share with you lol :) xxx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Aw Sara I had to laugh at the thought of OH might not be noticing that your mum was wearing jodhpurs :)
I am sorry you cannot find them but my husband is the same what on earth do they do with things!!!

Jeany x

sarahp

Feb 23, 2013
I know jeany lol, mum can do it right under my nose, thats why i just cant understand it and think im going potty, because i rule her out as a possibility because she would have had to be quick and i didnt hear her. but im learning hehe. no OH, he isn't really how can I say, fashion savvy. Mum regularly puts on my clothes and I say how did you let mum go out in that or she has 2 shirts on or something. He says what it's fine????!!! <<<<tut tut>>>>!!

sarahp

Feb 23, 2013
Oh and yes I have found evidence!! Exhibit A. A piece of folded kitchen roll (mum leaves a trail of these) found on bed close to where said jodhpurs where left!!!!!!