Mum snapped at me today

JessL87

Jul 19, 2017
West Yorkshire
So earlier on today my mum was talking to me about a couple we knew when I was younger. She was asking about if I remembered them playing a certain cd. When I told her I didn't and I can't remember as they have both since died, She shouted "I didn't say he was dead" talking about the man whos CD she had. I was explaining to another family member about the couple saying they had died and mum flipped and started shoutin saying she never said he was dead and how I shouldn't talk at her like shes a 12 year old. She wouldn't listen to what I was saying and then wouldn't let my dad help her put her coat on. She just walked off out and didn't speak to me the whole way home and didn't say bye when i git out of the car or even acknowledge that i said anjtbung.
It' really upset me as she's never done anything like this before.
Sorry for rambling on.

Onmyown

May 30, 2017
Mum snaps at me everyday!! You will get used to it. My mum says same "stop talking to me like I'm an idiot". I'd love to say "OK stop behaving like one!" but you can't can you. Sometimes they just lash out misinterpret things and snap I'm surprised this is the first time. My mum hurls abuse at me it's very hurtful but it's the disease unfortunately it's not easy to ignore but I think they just hate losing their independence and will take it out on anyone who is there.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
When it happens for the first time it is very hurtful and takes you by surprise. It is difficult I know from my experience with Dad, but try not to take it personally. It is your mum's illness causing her to be snappy with you not and her love for you is still there.

JessL87

Jul 19, 2017
West Yorkshire
Thanks for your replies. Mum was only officially diagnosed in April but she has been getting worse in various ways of late. It' so hard and i know things are only going to get harder. Mum is supposed to wear a hearing aid but says it hurts her ear so doesn't put it in.
It's so hard seeing her like this as she has always been a very independent woman and as she is only young (53) it is such a shock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN