Mum removing clothing

Snuffette

Jan 11, 2021
Hi all

I'm just off to visit mum. The CH phoned me this morning to say that for the last couple of days mum is either refusing to get dressed or when she does, she starts taking her clothes off in the late afternoon. She won't even put slippers on. Back in June mum was in hospital with severe dehydration and a UTI which I seem to remember started like this.... however the test came up negative. Any ideas? Thank you :)

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Snuffette

My mum went through a phase of doing this. She was recovering from a serious stroke at the time but the behaviour went on for a couple of weeks. In the end I fastened buttons to her waistband and tucked everything in which eventually stopped her as she couldn't work out what I'd done.

I think you can buy onsies with back fastening which can stop the undressing - but I didn't know that at the time!

Snuffette

Jan 11, 2021
Thanks Bunpoots. Just back fro CH, she had her nightie on, then in her room removed it along with her knickers, got her into trousers and jumper - 5 mins all off again!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I arrived in mum's CH corridor one day to see her coming out of her room. She was bundled up with a jacket, hat, scarf, fleece and umpteen layers beneath... and nothing below the waist :eek: When I pointed this out she said, 'So what?'

Talk about all fur coat and no knickers...

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
Friend's mum came to the door wearing only a cardigan , nothing else. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about! Friend's poor husband was horrified :)

@Snuffette , this is a link to sleepsuits, might be helpful (I've not used them):

Yankeeabroad

Oct 24, 2021
I arrived in mum's CH corridor one day to see her coming out of her room. She was bundled up with a jacket, hat, scarf, fleece and umpteen layers beneath... and nothing below the waist :eek: When I pointed this out she said, 'So what?'

You made me laugh today!!
gotta love em sometimes.

Snuffette

Jan 11, 2021

That made me laugh out loud :)

Snuffette

Jan 11, 2021
Friend's mum came to the door wearing only a cardigan , nothing else. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about! Friend's poor husband was horrified :)

@Snuffette , this is a link to sleepsuits, might be helpful (I've not used them):
Oh my lol At least my mum had her nightie on ... for a bit.

Snuffette

Jan 11, 2021
Thanks for all your support. I managed to have a little laugh last night after my visit. I managed to get mum in a jumper and trousers, by the time I had walked to the door and asked one of the carers for a cup of tea and turn round, she was completely naked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife