Mum recently diagnosed :(

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Hi Weasell,

Thanks for the response......when you say Financial Posts, is there a specific section on the forums for this or do I need to look elsewhere?

Regards

Stef
No there isn’t a special section.
what makes it even worse is ‘ you can’t judge a book by its cover’ and sometimes there is treasure contained in what by the title looks to be a boring post.
( not that there are ever boring posts on Talking Point)!!!
I suppose what I mean is that far in the future mum may need a care home. If she and your dad only own one home then this would be disregarded on the financial assessment, all the time your dad still lives there.
That information may be re assuring.
May I am a bit slow, it’s just that it took me so much reading others posts to get my head round the finances. I always feel that forewarned is forearmed!

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Hi all,

Again I would just like to thank all who have offered their kind thoughts, support, advice and hugs ?

I have re read all the above over and over again and took some notes down which will help in these earlier stages. Even had a little cry which I haven't done in a while!

If anyone has any other pointers on things we should be considering or targeting at this stage please let me know.

Forewarned is Forearmed as the saying goes.

Kindest regards,

Stef
I just caught up with the posts between ours.
I have to smile, I didn’t realise you had quoted forewarned is forearmed ahead of me!

Fets79

Oct 27, 2020
Hull
No there isn’t a special section.
what makes it even worse is ‘ you can’t judge a book by its cover’ and sometimes there is treasure contained in what by the title looks to be a boring post.
( not that there are ever boring posts on Talking Point)!!!
I suppose what I mean is that far in the future mum may need a care home. If she and your dad only own one home then this would be disregarded on the financial assessment, all the time your dad still lives there.
That information may be re assuring.
May I am a bit slow, it’s just that it took me so much reading others posts to get my head round the finances. I always feel that forewarned is forearmed!

No worries Weasell and thanks again. Care Home and own home (which the own outright) is noted.

Just looking through Lasting Power of Attorney info as well as other posters experiences. Heart breaking and heart warming.

Forewarned is Forearmed might be my next tattoo :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiabarbour