Mum persistently crying and sobbing. How to deal with it?

Happy Hampton

Feb 22, 2022
Certainly not offended, with you all the way. This is not life, it is an existence. I frequently say that I would not, quite rightly, be allowed to put my dog through this, yet it is considered acceptable for Mum to endure. My mother would be horrified if she could see what she has become, and all I can hope is that she dies in her sleep before she becomes, in her own words, a vegetable.
I hope that when my time comes I have the wit to take my own life, or that euthanasia has been legalised, but I don't hold out much hope on either score.
For those who are shocked by this attitiude, I would say that you are welcome to your own opinion, of course. And welcome to endure until the bitter end, if that is your choice. Just please don't make your choice mine.
I’m not at all shocked or distressed by the comment. I completely understand your feelings. Having a terminal brain disease is terrible but the worst is for the carer. I’m sorry you all are going through this. I truly feel for you all.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
I’m not at all shocked or distressed by the comment. I completely understand your feelings. Having a terminal brain disease is terrible but the worst is for the carer. I’m sorry you all are going through this. I truly feel for you all.
I am not shocked either. My mother had a miserable last year or so, unable to chat to anyone, unable to get out of a chair on her own, unable to enjoy food normally. She wanted to die and wasn't being irrational. I am just thankful that she didn't have pain, as some do.

Happy Hampton

Feb 22, 2022
I am not shocked either. My mother had a miserable last year or so, unable to chat to anyone, unable to get out of a chair on her own, unable to enjoy food normally. She wanted to die and wasn't being irrational. I am just thankful that she didn't have pain, as some do.
I’m so sorry you had to go through that. It’s a bad disease to have And I truly believe she wanted to die. So sorry.

Happy Hampton

Feb 22, 2022
Oh, I need to say that I probably make posts in the wrong place. Makes it hard to follow. Sorry. It always makes sense in my head. ??