Mum Passed Peacefully

millalm

Oct 9, 2019
So sorry to hear of your loss, it makes me smile to think of your Mum spending her last days on earth dancing. I hope the thought gives you comfort while you try to recover from the shock of losing her so unexpectedly.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
@Dimpsy I’m so sorry to hear that your lovely mum has passed . How do you cope ? minute by minute , hour by hour my lovely , & tell us what you would have talked about with your Mum . The flowers , the vicar saying a rude word ( p.s what did he say ? ) what the food was like afterwards …. If you want to have that sort of natter, I for one would love to be part of that. I hope the message below makes some sense of how you are feeling ((((hugs))))xx
7B64CA03-7B8A-4816-869A-DDBD428B0096.jpeg

Zebra123

Apr 4, 2020
My lovely mum passed away peacefully in hospital on 20th July.
The stroke was sudden and totally unexpected - she had been dancing just days before.
Her funeral and burial was on 10th August, simple and well attended. Dad's ashes were interred at the same time and they joined my brother who died many years ago, back in her beloved Hampshire.
Mum would have celebrated her 91st birthday today, and I'm so sorry she didn't quite reach that great age, she loved a celebration.

How do you carry on without a mum?
She's the person I would have talked to about the funeral; who was there, how beautiful the flowers were, how the vicar said a rude word in church.
And I can't, because she's not here any more. I miss her such a lot but I have a lifetime of memories to keep me going. I love you mum.
You have my deepest sympathy Dimpsy. My mother died on 31st July and her funeral was yesterday. She was 100 years and 30 days old. We had a birthday party for her at her care home and an Elvis Impersonator came to sing to her. In her dementia she believed she was Elvis's girlfriend. When she had seen the Impersonator before at the care home, and she was still able to talk to us, she had wondered "why on earth 'Elvis' just hadn't aged at all"!! After the party she deteriorated quite quickly but passed away very peacefully over the next 30 days.
Indeed - 'How do you carry on without a mum?'. I have wonderful memories of her and the times we spent together and I know that will help me in the days to come. I wish you love and peace at this very sad time.

Suze99

Nov 8, 2020
Sending sincere condolences to both of you. Your pain and grief will be great at the moment but hope you can take some comfort in the special memories you have. Take care

Mariane

Jul 27, 2021
God bless, Dimpsy. your fond memories will become even fonder now and time will make all of them more comforting than painful. Your mum sounds like a wonderful person to know. I believe we will see our loved ones again.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
You have my deepest sympathy Dimpsy. My mother died on 31st July and her funeral was yesterday. She was 100 years and 30 days old. We had a birthday party for her at her care home and an Elvis Impersonator came to sing to her. In her dementia she believed she was Elvis's girlfriend. When she had seen the Impersonator before at the care home, and she was still able to talk to us, she had wondered "why on earth 'Elvis' just hadn't aged at all"!! After the party she deteriorated quite quickly but passed away very peacefully over the next 30 days.
Indeed - 'How do you carry on without a mum?'. I have wonderful memories of her and the times we spent together and I know that will help me in the days to come. I wish you love and peace at this very sad time.
Sending you love & ((((hugs)))))xxx

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
My deepest sympathy to you @Zebra123, I'm so sorry for your loss and what a great age your mum achieved, we suffer our grief together and thank you to everyone for your kind words.

Staying busy with organising Mum's funeral kept a lot of feelings in check. The past couple of weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster.
One minute I'm ok, the next a gibbering wreck of missing her greatly.

I remember a thread from just a few weeks ago, someone asking when the memories of our loved one's suffering dementia start to fade to be replaced by how they were before. In my case, it's been easy to set aside the Alzheimer's symptoms, and remember how full of life and contented Mum was. The good times outweigh the bad by far.

@DesperateofDevon, I like your words,"What is grief if not love persevering", they fit the bill, thank you.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
My deepest sympathy to you @Zebra123, I'm so sorry for your loss and what a great age your mum achieved, we suffer our grief together and thank you to everyone for your kind words.

Staying busy with organising Mum's funeral kept a lot of feelings in check. The past couple of weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster.
One minute I'm ok, the next a gibbering wreck of missing her greatly.

I remember a thread from just a few weeks ago, someone asking when the memories of our loved one's suffering dementia start to fade to be replaced by how they were before. In my case, it's been easy to set aside the Alzheimer's symptoms, and remember how full of life and contented Mum was. The good times outweigh the bad by far.

@DesperateofDevon, I like your words,"What is grief if not love persevering", they fit the bill, thank you.
Sending love & light to you both ??

Arty-girl

Jun 29, 2020
My condolences to you Dimpsey. My mums passing was around similar dates to yours. One of the things that keep happening to me is when something happens to me or someone I know and I immediately think "I must ring mum to tell about that". Straight away it jolts me back to reality. I think this will happen time and time again as, before mum got ill, I don't think we ever went more than two days without speaking on the phone. I'm just glad she isn't still living the hell that is Alzheimers.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
My condolences to you Dimpsey. My mums passing was around similar dates to yours. One of the things that keep happening to me is when something happens to me or someone I know and I immediately think "I must ring mum to tell about that". Straight away it jolts me back to reality. I think this will happen time and time again as, before mum got ill, I don't think we ever went more than two days without speaking on the phone. I'm just glad she isn't still living the hell that is Alzheimers.
Sending love & light (((hugs)))

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
I'm so sorry for your loss and feel the same as you. Like you and your mum, I was lucky to have a good relationship with my mother. We shared the same interests and had a similar outlook on life and I miss our chats such a lot.

It's strange, I dream about mum most nights; she's alive and being her normal self. I don't know if it's my brain working its way through grief, but I wake up calm and feel as if mum's still with me.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @Dimpsy , I'm sorry I missed this when you first posted. Im sorry to hear about your mum. I'm sure that dreaming about your mum is your brain's way of working through everything. I'm glad it is helping you
((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I'm so sorry for your loss and feel the same as you. Like you and your mum, I was lucky to have a good relationship with my mother. We shared the same interests and had a similar outlook on life and I miss our chats such a lot.

It's strange, I dream about mum most nights; she's alive and being her normal self. I don't know if it's my brain working its way through grief, but I wake up calm and feel as if mum's still with me.
Thirteen years on I still dream about mum as if she was alive. It's lovely to have these dreams. I'm still thinking of you @Dimpsy and also @zebra sorry for your loss.

Hugs

MaNaAk