Mum Passed Peacefully

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
My lovely mum passed away peacefully in hospital on 20th July.
The stroke was sudden and totally unexpected - she had been dancing just days before.
Her funeral and burial was on 10th August, simple and well attended. Dad's ashes were interred at the same time and they joined my brother who died many years ago, back in her beloved Hampshire.
Mum would have celebrated her 91st birthday today, and I'm so sorry she didn't quite reach that great age, she loved a celebration.

How do you carry on without a mum?
She's the person I would have talked to about the funeral; who was there, how beautiful the flowers were, how the vicar said a rude word in church.
And I can't, because she's not here any more. I miss her such a lot but I have a lifetime of memories to keep me going. I love you mum.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
@Dimpsy I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my condolences,.

Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my mother's death. Like you and your mother, she and I had been incredibly close when she was well. How do we carry on? We just do - it can't be explained. We stumble through somehow. Eventually the raw grief will ease and it will become a gentle melancholy, as it has for me. There are still some moments, of course, when the grief is triggered by something. But that's natural.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
That must have been such a shock @dimspey, but glad she was having fun right up to the end. Yes you will always miss her, but you have lots of memories and she is now at peace. Look after yourself now.

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, @Dimpsy. It will be some solace to know that she didn't have a long decline, but it can't take away your pain and grief and shock. Mothers are special - they will always be loved and always be missed, while life lasts. Take care of yourself in this fragile time of the immediate aftermath - that's what your Mum would have wanted. Thinking of you. Love & best wishes xxx

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
My lovely mum passed away peacefully in hospital on 20th July.
The stroke was sudden and totally unexpected - she had been dancing just days before.
Her funeral and burial was on 10th August, simple and well attended. Dad's ashes were interred at the same time and they joined my brother who died many years ago, back in her beloved Hampshire.
Mum would have celebrated her 91st birthday today, and I'm so sorry she didn't quite reach that great age, she loved a celebration.

How do you carry on without a mum?
She's the person I would have talked to about the funeral; who was there, how beautiful the flowers were, how the vicar said a rude word in church.
And I can't, because she's not here any more. I miss her such a lot but I have a lifetime of memories to keep me going. I love you mum.
Dear @Dimpsy,

It sounds like she went the same way as dad one day up and about then a massive stroke. My heart goes out to you and today, her birthday. I hope you can heal knowing that you've done her proud, also your dear dad and your brother.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
so sorry for your loss @Dimpsy sounds like she was having fun right up the stroke. at least she is now at peace dancing and celebrating with your dad and brother that your mum has been reunited with them

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
So sorry for your loss @Dimpsy. I lost my mum almost 5 years ago the anniversary of her passing is coming up. My dad passed in January this year of ' cerebral event/ advanced dementia' I assume a stroke was involved it too was a bit of a shock as he hadn't long gone into a CH. My sincere condolences and sending you a hug ?.

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
What a kind lot of souls you are.
Thank you for passing on your sympathy to me, a someone you've never met.
We've shared stories; reading old and new thread's has been invaluable in how to manage another stage of mum's Alzheimer's.

Never, not once, have I read a judgemental post and that's the bare bones of this forum?
We each have to find our own way through the dementia maze; those diagnosed with or as carers for those diagnosed with.

Look at the number's, many people are joined up to this site and read but don't contribute, and then they see a post that rings true to their situation and they join the thread for help or solutions for others.
Long may it continue.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
What a kind lot of souls you are.
Thank you for passing on your sympathy to me, a someone you've never met.
We've shared stories; reading old and new thread's has been invaluable in how to manage another stage of mum's Alzheimer's.

Never, not once, have I read a judgemental post and that's the bare bones of this forum?
We each have to find our own way through the dementia maze; those diagnosed with or as carers for those diagnosed with.

Look at the number's, many people are joined up to this site and read but don't contribute, and then they see a post that rings true to their situation and they join the thread for help or solutions for others.
Long may it continue.
And long may you continue to visit us @Dimpsy.

Hugs

MaNaAk