Mum passed away

SueShell

Sep 13, 2012
Orpington
Sadly Mum passed away last Wednesday. I haven't posted for a while but thought I'd let you know as some of the regular posters will know my story from the beginning. The night nurse saw Mum at 6.30am, put her leg back into bed (she always hung one leg out), and asked if she wanted a drink and Mum said no, and she then went back to sleep. When they checked on her at 7am she had passed away. They are having an inquest.

I'm more fortunate than most as at least Mum still knew who I was even though she'd forgotten everything else. Mum was never an easy person, but the strange thing is a few days before she died she said to me, quite out of the blue, Susan, I love you very much. It really choked me up because its the first time in my life she's ever told me as she was never a demonstrative person.

Anyway, my blessings on all you carers, I know what a difficult job you have. Now so much to do to organise Mum's funeral.

Hugs to everyone,
Sue
xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
morning SueShell
my condolences on your mum's passing
how wonderful for you both that she said to you 'I love you very much', I guess somehow she realised you needed to know and she needed to tell you

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Sue, I'm so sad to read of your Mum's passing. I am, however, so pleased that she was peaceful ( apart from her leg! My Mum used to have both legs out with her knee crossed, swinging the spare foot :D). It is a lovely memory to have, because it brings a smile.....and yes she loved you too!.

Condolences.x.x.

Hair Twiddler

Aug 14, 2012
Middle England
Dear Sue,
Yes, I remember your story. So many difficult times and struggles for you both. I'm glad that your mum passed away quietly in her sleep - a peaceful end at last.
Send me a PM when you feel up to it.
Take care my lovely - one step at a time, no stressing yourself, you hear?
Twiddler xx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sue, please accept my condolences on the death of your mother. I am glad you were able to hear a loving message from her before she passed. Will be thinking of you.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Sorry to read of the loss of your Mum SueShell, its been a tough journey, lovely to read that your Mum was able to tell you she loved you, may that be the abiding memory for you.

Wishing you strength for the days ahead

Suexx

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
So sorry for your loss, lovely that you had that moment with your Mum able to tell you she loved you. Wishing you peace and comfort xx

Ange

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to hear your news. I'm glad your mum's passing seemed reasonably peaceful. Wishing you strength.

Spiro

Mar 11, 2012
Sorry to read about your Mum's passing. I hope those words give you peace and comfort in the future; I remember the struggle you had.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman