Mum passed away today

janma221

Apr 23, 2013
Powys
Haven't posted for a long time Mum has been in a nursing home unable to communicate or recognise anyone. Had a call from her GP in the early hours and visited Mum yesterday she had difficulty in breathing I sat with her and told her she could go when she was ready and to say hello to Dad for me. I went back this morning and she had passed away 40 minutes before I arrived. Although I am sad I am happy that she is free at last of this terrible disease.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
My thoughts are with you at this difficult time, glad your mum is at peace xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Please accept my condolences too. I'm sure your dad was there to meet your mum and that they are at peace together.

Lavender xxx

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so sorry that your Mum has passed away, janma.
I hope it is comforting to know she is now at peace and with your Dad.
Wishing you strength in the coming weeks.
Love Geum. xxxx

janma221

Apr 23, 2013
Powys
Thanks everyone for your kind words it helps as you all understand the various stages of this terrible disease. Best wishes to all of you xxx

lori107

Nov 4, 2014
I am so sorry for your loss. At least she is at peace.

Wishing you peace for the new year

Xx

copsham

Oct 11, 2012
Oxfordshire
Sorry to hear your sad news. What a shock it must be even though it is expected.

Our lives evolve round our parent(s), their needs, their nursing home and then they are gone. We know they are at peace though. Take great care.
\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75