1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Mum passed away this afternoon

Discussion in 'After dementia — dealing with loss' started by 1953barney, Apr 15, 2015.

1. J2e

J2e Registered User

Apr 24, 2015
    Brighton
    I still have the dissolving into tears thing when somebody says something nice to me. And the "you were a good daughter" gets me every time.

Jane (11 weeks on)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

2. 1953barney

1953barney Registered User

Nov 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Finally had mums funeral today, I seem to have been in a bubble since she passed away on the 15th April. It just didn't seem real not having had the funeral before. it was a lovely service at the crematorium with my family, my local vicar was very good.
    The funeral director gave my two grandsons a packet of forget-me-not seeds so they can plant them in memory of their great grandma plus he gave the eldest one a rosebud out of the family flowers, he is 11 years old and said he was going to press it and then do some artwork on paper and attach the flower to remember his great grandma.

Finally when we returned back to my home my son told me that they were expecting another baby!!! So lots of tears, sad and happy ones.

I would just like to say a big thank you to all you lovely members of talking point who although you are going through your own trials have got me through some very dark moments. Love Trish xxxx

3. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011

I'm so sorry to read about your mum. It is such a difficult time.

I was in the same position when my husband died just before your mum. (9th April). The Gp refused to sign because Roger had gone to the hospital, but the hospital doctors weren't sure of the cause of death, so we too got caught up in the post Mortem. In one way, I was pleased because I knew the true cause of his death, not what I was told originally.

I'm pleased the funeral went well and that you received some lovely news too.

4. sunray

sunray Registered User

Sep 21, 2008
    Female
    East Coast of Australia
    Life is such a mixture of happy/sad isn't it? Sorry for your loss, the delayed funeral as well. I'm glad it all went well in the end. The packet of forget-me-not seeds is a grand idea. And now something for you to look forward to with the good news of the coming baby. Wishing you courage for the tough times and smiles to come.

Sue.

5. Lindy50

Lindy50 Registered User

Dec 11, 2013
    Cotswolds
    So sorry to read your news Barney. I'm glad the funeral went well today though....and how wonderful to be expecting another grandchild :) Life is so up and down, isn't it?

Wishing you peace and strength

Lindy xx

6. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    I'm sorry for your loss but as everyone says at peace now

7. CCM2013

CCM2013 Registered User

Feb 7, 2013
    London
    Sending big hugs - it's such a terrible wrench losing a parent. I lost my dad on the 5th - still feels very raw, but am assured it will get easier... X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

8. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    sorry Barney, but please pass on my condolences, just look after yourself and the rest of the family. *hugs*