Mum passed away 2 mnths ago and now Dad

Peace lily

Jan 30, 2020
I am so sorry to hear of your loss so soon after losing your mum. Sending my sincere condolences @Linbrusco . Be kind to yourself in the coming days/months x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m sorry to hear this @Linbrusco it must have been a shock for you.

I hope it will be some consolation for you to know both your mum and dad are at peace now. No more struggles, no more illness.

May they rest in peace.

Suze99

Nov 8, 2020
I'm so sorry to hear that. So sad to lose them and so close together. They are at peace now and reunited.

millalm

Oct 9, 2019
@Linbrusco I'm so sorry to read of your Dad's passing. An aortic aneyrysm is a ticking time bomb that over time saps your body of energy and peace of mind. It will be very strange for you to wake up and realize you no longer have to be worried about the challenges you have faced for so long, trying to do your best to keep your parents safe. I hope you allow yourself to grieve, in whatever form that takes, and then rest, just rest, for you must be so weary.

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Thanks all for your kind wishes.
Whereas Mums funeral plans were all frantic and rushed and upsetting, this time its more relaxed in a sense that we’ve been through this before.
Our travel bubble with Australia opened just a month ago, which now means my brothers son can come over for Dads funeral. Due to Covid we have’nt seen him in now 2 yrs.
xx

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
For those that know me, my Dad passed away suddenly early hours of this morning. All very unexpected, even though he had several life threatening conditions, one of which was a 7cm abdominal aortic aneurysm.

Hi BP was a bit elevated prior to bedtime, but it normalised, and was normal again at 11pm.
He had complained of a bit ofca sore back but this was not unusual and Dad always downplayed pain or discomfort.
At 2 am he was found on the floor in his room but Obs were fine , was responsive and no injuries.
At 3am asleep
At 4 am on the floor clammy, sweating and breathing erratically.
Ambo called. While on way, they started CPR but was pronounced dead.
All indications were that his aneurysm ruptured.

All rather surreal after Mum passing just 2 mnths ago.
I’d like to thank everyone who has helped me over the last 8 yrs.
Mum with Alzheimers, then Dad with MCI and later on Mixed dementia. What a road to travel!
Thanks also for accepting this Kiwi from down under.
I hope to pop in now and again and still offer and advice xx
Dear @Linbrusco,

I'm so sorry I've just found this. You've done your parents proud and remember that they are no longer suffering. Please keep visiting us.

MaNaAk

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Not me. I was joint executor with my brother but the division of labour up to that point was that I did all the caring for mum and he 'kindly' looked after her money. Huh. In fact, his wife did it all because my brother is too lazy to even do that. Fortunately, his wife is extremely good with spreadsheets, etc, and the two of them were scrupulous about all the details. (My brother couldn't stand the thought I might pick him up on something!)

He did have to get off his backside in the end as his wife refused to do all the legwork/phoning/letter writing. And boy, did he complain! He'd send me long ranty emails filled with his frustration about organisations not replying to him or not understanding their own systems - all the usual stuff we have to deal with these days. He had to spend ages hanging on the phone, chasing up things that should have been done but weren't - I'm sure we've all suffered the frustration of call waiting systems and also online difficulties. But I did none of it and all the time I was smiling, imagining his rage and frustration. At last he was having to do something instead of it all falling to me. And for once, he couldn't blame me for anything.

In all it probably took about 6 months and that was during the first covid lockdown. I personally enjoyed every minute and at the end I got a nice cheque, so a very good experience for me. It felt like revenge for all the help he didn't give when mum was ill. Just a small revenge really, but it was brilliant!

@Linbrusco I hope your experience is trouble free and that you sail through all the paperwork. Once done, it really feels like the final thing. Take care x