Mum passed away 2 mnths ago and now Dad

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
For those that know me, my Dad passed away suddenly early hours of this morning. All very unexpected, even though he had several life threatening conditions, one of which was a 7cm abdominal aortic aneurysm.

Hi BP was a bit elevated prior to bedtime, but it normalised, and was normal again at 11pm.
He had complained of a bit ofca sore back but this was not unusual and Dad always downplayed pain or discomfort.
At 2 am he was found on the floor in his room but Obs were fine , was responsive and no injuries.
At 3am asleep
At 4 am on the floor clammy, sweating and breathing erratically.
Ambo called. While on way, they started CPR but was pronounced dead.
All indications were that his aneurysm ruptured.

All rather surreal after Mum passing just 2 mnths ago.
I’d like to thank everyone who has helped me over the last 8 yrs.
Mum with Alzheimers, then Dad with MCI and later on Mixed dementia. What a road to travel!
Thanks also for accepting this Kiwi from down under.
I hope to pop in now and again and still offer and advice xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news @Linbrusco
both your parents are now at peace ... so hard on you and your family to lose both so close in time
I hope there's peace for you too, knowing how much you did for them over the years

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry to hear this unexpected news.
You have had to cope with so much. Be gentle with yourself now.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
You've had a hell of a ride and this isn't the ending you expected for your dad. It doesn't seem to matter how much we expect it one day, if the end is sudden, it still comes as a huge shock.

My mum was slightly ill/not herself for a couple of weeks but no one thought she was dying. Then I got the call, like you, and it seemed out of the blue. So much so that when they said 'your mum isn't breathing,' I was more concerned that she wasn't taken to hospital as that was in her care plan! It just didn't occur to me what the nurse was actually telling me!

Take things slowly now @Linbrusco. This will be a huge change after the life you've had for years....

I'm very sorry you've lost both your parents so close together, it's heartbreaking.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Although a shock for you it means your Dad no longer has to struggle on alone. It takes time to get your head around circumstances like this so allow yourself the space to grieve and then remember the good times.
With best wishes,
Carol.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I am very sorry to hear your news. Please accept my condolences.

I hope you do continue to visit DTP when you feel up to it. Your presence and advice will be most welcome.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Condolences, @Linbrusco .I’ve followed your story for ages! Try and get some rest when you have sorted out the immediate necessities, and pay us here a visit occasionally!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN