Mum not well.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I took mum shopping the other day.She doesn't have dementia but is definitely forgetting more these days.But overall not too bad.BUT when I phoned her yesterday she could hardly walk and in pain.Apparently she was brushing up the front path ,leant over and her hip cracked.But having spoke to her again she thinks it is her spine not the cocyx but halfway up her spine cord.I think it could be her vertebrate.She has osteoporosis which she said isn't that bad.But I know as you get older it gets worse...I have suggested phone the doctor but she will wait till I go in tomorrow.She has pain radiating around her left side .She is in heart failure so I'm concerned about that too.
Dad has a kidney infection so hoping he is on antibiotics.I won't know until Tuesday when I see him.Still waiting on the care companies reply to my concern...Ground hog day!

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
It's really easy for bones to fracture and as your mum is in pain and can hardly walk I'd recommend 111 rather than wait for the GP as if it's a hip fracture it needs to be identified/treated asap. Pain from one area can appear to be coming from somewhere else due to how the nerves are linked, particularly in hip/spine injuries, so a thorough assessment is needed.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I get pain down one side when my back is playing up @TNJJ but that doesn`t mean it`s the same for your mother.

I would certainly phone 111 for advice at least.

You really are struggling in all directions aren`t you.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I am at the moment tbh. I will try and persuade mum again when I go in tomorrow. Spoke to her this morning and she is better?I sometimes think she says that just to shut me up knowing my mum.But I will check tomorrow.Thanks everyone.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
As I’m not home for a few days I have cooked some pasta bake ,butterfly buns and bread to take in for the parents. It guarantees they will eat(especially dad who is losing his appetite)as dad gets fed up with WF?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Well ,after much faffing we have found out who the cat belongs to. Just over the road to the house with 3 dogs.
He has been at mums today sleeping for 6 hours and then wandered over to them. He sleeps in mums garden at nighttime. I have never had so many phone calls over a cat.
I’m a firm believer in the cat goes where it’s needed. He vary rarely lives mum’s side. Even cries when she goes shopping .

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
A few years ago my mother in law adopted a cat that kept on turning up in her garden. A little later standing in the queue at the grocers someone said 'I believe you have my cat.' She was a bit worried that they would be annoyed, but it turned out they were very happy it had gone somewhere else as it didn't like the other cat the family had. More recently she tried to entice the pedigree cats from next door in. Those neighbours were decidedly unhappy.
Hope your mum is feeling a bit better.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
A few years ago my mother in law adopted a cat that kept on turning up in her garden. A little later standing in the queue at the grocers someone said 'I believe you have my cat.' She was a bit worried that they would be annoyed, but it turned out they were very happy it had gone somewhere else as it didn't like the other cat the family had. More recently she tried to entice the pedigree cats from next door in. Those neighbours were decidedly unhappy.
Hope your mum is feeling a bit better.
The cat seems to have given her a lift?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
smoothing a cat dog etc is calming. i have a cat who is the softest neutered tom cat ever. he will take smooths and belly rubs all day long. you sit there and talk to him and its like he answers you. gives lots of pleasure