Mum not right

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
I know this past week has been confusing for mum but yesterday she was very quite all day not like her
Today she has been quite one minute then really quite nasty the next not sure if she is coming down with something or not her breathing seems a bit laboured she is asleep at the moment if she does not improve I think a trip down A&E may be on the cards about right I was hoping to go home tomorrow but now I'm worried about mum especially if I'm on my own love larivy

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
sorry your mums poorly today thanks goodness your brother is close at hand and that you are such a devoted family Take care of that shoulder of yours
I know you'll be wise cos us essex girls have got more about than people think!

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Sorry to hear this Larivy. Must be really scarey on your own. I hope its something that has run its course now and she'll be back to her usual self soon. You look after your mum fantastically, remember to look after yourself too.

Tomorrow I hope will be better for you both, thinking of you, my friend xxx
Keep us up to date, please xxx

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sorry to hear about your Mum,I hope it is not a serious downturn. You really should think hard about going home. Love Helen x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi larivy

Is it worth phoning NHS Direct?

Please don't go home too soon. You'll be the one who pays. X

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Larivy:

Sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope you are reconsidering going home tomorrow as being on your own will add enormous pressure on you. It will be of no help to your family or your Mum if you do yourself an injury.

Thinking about you alot. Love

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hi Larivy sorry to hear your mums not too good

Im guessing mum is out of her own gp's area . How about phoning your brothers out of hrs gp to see if they will send a doc out , you can often get their out of hrs number by phoning the normal practice number ,
Or nhs direct as someone already mentoned , it may save a trip to A&E

Larivy I too think you should stay there till your mum is better. I know you really want to be in your own home n own bed ect but if mum is ill n your at home there will be a lot more lifting of mum than normal n you you really shouldnt be abusing that shoulder yet.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
We have just got back from hospital where mums oxygen levels were low :eek: she was given oxygen and we have now bought her back on oxygen she is still confused but a bit better we have to take her back in the morning we think all the change this week is not helping her so if all is well tomorrow we will go home but my sil will stay with us till Monday all being well will keep you updated love larivy

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hope your mum had a quiet night and that she begins to improve now Larivy. x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I hope your mum is feeling better this morning Larivy. I'm with everyone on the 'Don't go home too soon' front. Would your SiL be doing the lifting or are you intending to do all the lifting yourself? :eek:
Don't compromise that healing shoulder, will you? Where would be the sense in that? x