Mum moved on Monday

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Well Mum is out of Mossley Hill hospital and moved to a care home yesterday. Just hope she settles in ok i went to see her last week with my sister the first visit was strange as its been a long time since ive been alone with mum. To start with she was quiet but as i got talking to her i said"Mum do you know who i am" She replied yes. And to that i felt the tears in my eyes. I then said mum "Do you still love me" And she replied "Of course i do" Well that was like winning a million pounds i then just totally broke down in tears mum then said "come here" and gave me a big hug im welling up as i type this now. But day two of my visit we bought mum some new clothes and she was full of smiles. So i know in my heart somewhere in there mum is still there.

Mark

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Mark
i must say there isn't much left of my mum now but the odd "I love you" and the odd kiss means so much:)

how are you feeling ? Did you go to your Gp?

take care
Love xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Mark, Well you`ve taken the biggest steps, visited your mother, talked to her and taken her gifts. You`ve seen she`s still there for you and you`ve given her pleasure and caused her to smile. Good for you.
Now you know mum is safe and being well looked after, try to concentrate on yourself. As Mel asked, I will ask too. Have you seen your GP? It`s important that you get help, to keep you strong and well for your mother. Please don`t neglect yourself.
If you know in your heart she`s still the same mum, don`t give her cause to worry about you.
Take care, Sylvia

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Mark

So pleased that mum is now settled, and your visit was OK and you seemed to have your mum back with you for a while, as you say, worth a million isn't it.

Ditto Wendy's question, how are YOU? Been worried about you.

Cate

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Mark, good to see you posting - and yes I'm echoing everyone else's question.....

I hope you can treasure those moments with mum - you're obviously each in each other's hearts - and so it will ALWAYS be..... just in different ways, maybe....

Much love, Karen, x