Mum & Me BBC1 20 May 10.35pm

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
Just saw a trailer about a programme 'Mum & Me' which focuses on Alzheimer's. It's on BBC1 Tuesday 20 May 10.35pm - 11.35pm.

It is a film made by Sue Bourne and it is about her Mum who has Alzheimer's. I looked it up on the BBC website and it looks to be a very positive programme on living with dementia.

EmJ :)

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Thanks for that information. I will definitely watch it. Mind you it's my birthday but I don't suppose Alan has planned anything special ;)

Thanks and best wishes Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Please enter your birthday on the calendar Helen. If Alan doesn`t remember it we will remember it for him.
Love xx

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
That's nice Sylvia but what calendar? There is no way that Alan will remember but I will go with him and help him to pick a card because I get too upset at not having one from him at all. I bet this sounds silly but it works for me.

Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
On the narrow green bar at the top of the page you will see `Calendar`. Click on it and you will see how you can enter your birthday.

I take Dhiren to buy me a card. He has always made a big thing about birthdays and becomes anxious if he thinks he might have missed it. I show him where the `Wife` cards are and wait outside while he chooses.
This year he came out of the shop absolutely horrified because the card he had chosen was £4.50. He put it back and bought a cheaper one. ;)

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the link. I looked for more info last night and I think there were a few articles in the papers on Saturday.

I saw the trailer last night on BBC2 about 8pm so I hope they promote it quite a bit.

Happy birthday for the 20th Helen. :)

EmJ