Mum & Me BBC1 20 May 10.35pm

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by EmJ, May 11, 2008.

1. EmJ

EmJ Registered User

Sep 26, 2007
    Scotland
    Just saw a trailer about a programme 'Mum & Me' which focuses on Alzheimer's. It's on BBC1 Tuesday 20 May 10.35pm - 11.35pm.

It is a film made by Sue Bourne and it is about her Mum who has Alzheimer's. I looked it up on the BBC website and it looks to be a very positive programme on living with dementia.

EmJ :)

2. helen.tomlinson

helen.tomlinson Registered User

Mar 27, 2008
    Thanks for that information. I will definitely watch it. Mind you it's my birthday but I don't suppose Alan has planned anything special ;)

Thanks and best wishes Helen

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Please enter your birthday on the calendar Helen. If Alan doesn`t remember it we will remember it for him.
    Love xx

4. helen.tomlinson

helen.tomlinson Registered User

Mar 27, 2008
    That's nice Sylvia but what calendar? There is no way that Alan will remember but I will go with him and help him to pick a card because I get too upset at not having one from him at all. I bet this sounds silly but it works for me.

Love Helen

5. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    On the narrow green bar at the top of the page you will see `Calendar`. Click on it and you will see how you can enter your birthday.

I take Dhiren to buy me a card. He has always made a big thing about birthdays and becomes anxious if he thinks he might have missed it. I show him where the `Wife` cards are and wait outside while he chooses.
    This year he came out of the shop absolutely horrified because the card he had chosen was £4.50. He put it back and bought a cheaper one. ;)

6. Sandy

Sandy Registered User

Mar 23, 2005
  7. EmJ

EmJ Registered User

Sep 26, 2007
    Scotland
    Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the link. I looked for more info last night and I think there were a few articles in the papers on Saturday.

I saw the trailer last night on BBC2 about 8pm so I hope they promote it quite a bit.

Happy birthday for the 20th Helen. :)

EmJ