Mum making us laugh

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Amongst mum's many things she has a baby doll. It's extremely unrealistic and doesn't fool mum, she knows it's not a baby, but she still enjoys it when she wants to.

Today mum made me laugh out loud. She sat there planning how this very bald doll was going to aquire some hair.

Mum said that next time she gets her own hair cut she's going to keep the cuttings and stick them on the doll with glue. She said that way the doll will have hair. Mum's problem solving ability amazes me at times!

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
Went in to see mum before lunch. Her 121 for today asked where she wanted her lunch, in her room or the dining room mum said she wanted it in her belly!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
The walking frame is sometimes dad's friend! Aside from what it is supposed to be used for dad has been carrying the upstairs one donw the stairs! Taking the downstairs one for a 'walk' around the house and on when he regarded the padi field workers in one of our pictures as friends he put the walking frame beside his chair and that he was pleased that it was sitting there!

MaNaAk

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
The walking frame is sometimes dad's friend! Aside from what it is supposed to be used for dad has been carrying the upstairs one donw the stairs! Taking the downstairs one for a 'walk' around the house and on when he regarded the padi field workers in one of our pictures as friends he put the walking frame beside his chair and that he was pleased that it was sitting there!

MaNaAk

Bless him! X

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Bless him! X
Thankyou Lavender! I see I didn't check the email above for mistakes. Anyway we spent the day in hospital today and dad was told that his collarbone fracture had healed very well. We ended the day with an appointment at the rheumatology department where dad was told to get a blood test before having an injection for his osteoperosis. Before we came home I asked him if he would like to go to the toilet and he thought I was asking him to clean the toilet! Eventually he decided to use the toilet but he set the alarm off and I explained his Alzheimers to the nurse.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
He's a live wire!

Glad your dad's fracture has healed well. Hopefully that'll be his last hospital visit for a while. X

He certainly is a live wire! Here's hoping that he'll be too tired to knock on my door at 3.30 am tonight. When he does this I usually call out go back to bed before going back to sleep. Unfortunately I didn't do this which is one reason why I am tired. I know he can't leave the house because I have put a new lock on the door so I am relatively calm knowing that he is relatively safe. If I call out he is reassured that I am there but there have been occasions when I have had to get up to make sure he is okay. The things we have to do again!

MaNaAk

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
With mum in her care home there's just me and the dog MaNaAk. You'd think I'd sleep well, but I'm awful. Getting to sleep is usually no problem, I could fall asleep standing up, but I don't I have real trouble staying asleep. I'm very firm friends with the hours between 2am and 5am. I see them more nights than not. :D It's a shame I cannot help out with your dad as I'm awake anyway!

Last night I had a really vivid dream. Just to explain I have a sister who has made herself invisible. She hasnt seen mum or me come to that in over 12 months. I'm resigned to her complete lack of support, or so I thought.

In my dream mum and I were going to stay at my sister's house, or at least to camp out on her doorstep. After a while we realised she was on holiday so we somehow got into the house and basically moved in, then I realised sis was due back home so had to go around putting everything back in place as though we'd never been there. Which didn't please mum who saw no reason for us to clear out.

I remembered the dream full well on waking. It has to be something to do with her writing us out of her life if you ask me. As I said I'd have sworn I was resigned to little sis and her decision, but maybe deep down I'm not. Hey ho I won't lose sleep over it. (Is that a terrible pun?) :rolleyes:x

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
With mum in her care home there's just me and the dog MaNaAk. You'd think I'd sleep well, but I'm awful. Getting to sleep is usually no problem, I could fall asleep standing up, but I don't I have real trouble staying asleep. I'm very firm friends with the hours between 2am and 5am. I see them more nights than not. :D It's a shame I cannot help out with your dad as I'm awake anyway!

Last night I had a really vivid dream. Just to explain I have a sister who has made herself invisible. She hasnt seen mum or me come to that in over 12 months. I'm resigned to her complete lack of support, or so I thought.

In my dream mum and I were going to stay at my sister's house, or at least to camp out on her doorstep. After a while we realised she was on holiday so we somehow got into the house and basically moved in, then I realised sis was due back home so had to go around putting everything back in place as though we'd never been there. Which didn't please mum who saw no reason for us to clear out.

I remembered the dream full well on waking. It has to be something to do with her writing us out of her life if you ask me. As I said I'd have sworn I was resigned to little sis and her decision, but maybe deep down I'm not. Hey ho I won't lose sleep over it. (Is that a terrible pun?) :rolleyes:x

No that's not a terrible pun Lavender! My brothers are not quite as invisible as your sister but they do think I'm obsessed with dad but then I am caring for him! They, like your sister, are missing out on what is left of dad's memory and may one day get a shock when they see the bad days. That said the last two nights haven't been too bad and I sometimes have trouble getting off to sleep because of my sinus trouble. Lets hope you and your mum and me and my dad get a good night tonight.

MaNaAk