Mum keeps rejecting any help

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Nickinotnikki, Aug 12, 2019.

1. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
    I really do count my blessings now Mums got carers in. Really sympathise with you.
    All I can say is next PWD wobble just be a pest to SS GP etc
    Keep posting
    I’m always here for you to vent to ! @Nickinotnikki
    I know the travelling is exhausting xx

2. Soroptimist

Soroptimist Registered User

Jun 10, 2018
    This situation sounds exactly like what SS did (or didn't do!) for us. I guess they were overworked and didn't want another open case on their books as that gives them responsibility. On the plus side I'm glad we didn't have to involve them when we found a care home that we thought would be ok for my mum, we just sorted it out ourselves.
    When we introduced the home care agency we did it really gradually, so my mum could start to build a relationship slowly with them. The first time they visited my sister was there too, and we fibbed that the carer was a friend of a friend. That seemed to work better than the "hello, I'm the carer!" approach complete with lanyard and official folder from SS that immediately got my mum riled.
    i'm glad you had a good weekend with your mum. x