Mum just out of hospital - sleep issues and where we are in dementia

chakras

Jan 24, 2012
Mum got out of hospital yesterday and I give her Zoplicone 3.7 mg at night. I did this at 10pm last night and she was asleep till 3am. Then we had issues, she wanted to go to the toilet which was fine but after that she was wanting up, or would say she was feeling itchy, or her hand was stuck and kept calling these out ( although her hand was not stuck ). It appears she will call something out time and time again, until she finds something new,

I know we can cope with the days if we can cope with the nights so that she gets a sleep and so do I.

Anyone got any ideas what to do?

She has vascular dementia, although dr's have said it is not straightforward and they cant put her into a specific category. She has heart failure however the arrythmias she had seemed to have stopped. She has no mobility and cannot walk, speech is not great and she has to be fed as she cant move arms etc or grip.

She has had dementia for over 4 years, but we dont seem to be able to find out where in the illness progression we are. One Dr said moderate, one said end stage ....it just seems to be different who you ask.

chakras

Jan 24, 2012
Dr cam out yesterday and doubled the zoplicone tablet. We had a better night. She was up for about 1/2 hour just repeating herself and calling on me from 3am to 3.30am and then fell asleep again.