Mum joined her angels this afternoon

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi

Its been a long few days.

I spent most of Wednesday at the home with Mum who was sound asleep. Came home for the night and headed back again first thing yesterday morning.

Just sat with Mum, was given a recliner overnight. She was not really responsive at all, eating and drinking nothing but very peaceful. Through the night her breathing quickened and shallowed. My brother rejoined me this morning after a night at home and we sat with her. The GP examined her and advised that it would not be too long and left a prescription for fentanyl and im diamorphine

Just after lunch she started to grunt a little with each breath, making an effort. As we waited for the chemist to deliver the home manager came and sat with us to chat. We had often done this and Mum often fell asleep. AFter a couple of minutes her breathing shallowed, became irregular and after a few minutes she once more became one with her spirit.

The staff nurse on duty just then came into to say the prescription would be delivered in 15 minutes. It was too late, she also checked Mum to be sure. Then another nurse came in as she went off shift.

The staff were wonderful, we all had a cry together. The feelings of love and support were marvellous. The end few minuted passed quickly, with no distress or pain. The NH staff cared with us.

It was sunny this afternoon and although very sad I feel quite a burden has gone from my shoulders.

My beloved Mum is once more whole and at peace with her son and daughter by her side as she made her transition.

For your thoughts and wishes and prayers through these last weeks Thank You. They have helped more than you will ever know.

Love

Mameeskye

Tonight there is one more angel in heaven.....

martdee

Apr 2, 2008
Derry
My thoughts are with you and your family tonight.May your angel always watch over you.

Marie xxx

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
My beloved Mum is once more whole and at peace with her son and daughter by her side as she made her transition.

Dear Mameeskye, that's all any of us can hope for, isn't it?

You gave your mum a lovely, peaceful end, and though you must feel sadness, there is also the relief that her suffering is over.

May her angels watch over her, and may you find peace in the knowledge that you could not have done more for your beloved mum

Love and hugs,

Tina

May 19, 2006
Dear Mameeskye,
so sorry to hear your news, but so glad the end came peacefully and there was much love surrounding your dear mum. She'll always be with you.
My sympathy and condolences to you and the family.
Tina

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Mameeskye - I do think your post was beautiful.

It is sad to read it and you have my full sympathy and best wishes. Your Mum is at peace and it sounded as if her end was dignified and special for you.

Take care now Love Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Mameeskye.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your mother.

Your post was so moving, your burden has been so heavy, and now I really do hope it isn`t only your mother who has found peace.

With love xx

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Dear Mameeskye

Your post was very moving and you touched my heart. Peace be with you and your loved ones at this time.

Love Helen

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Dear Mammeskye,

So sorry to hear that your Mum has passed away.
Sending you lots of Love and Hugs,
Take care,

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another Angel in Heaven

Dear Mammeskye,
Sending you sincere condolences on the passing of your Mother.
Now at rest from this wicked illness.
Love and best wishes
Christine

rhallacroz

Sep 24, 2007
merseyside
Dearest Friend
As we all jouney together I consider you my friend. I am so sorry that you have lost your Dear mum she will never be far away just not suffering with this terrible illness. Be strong for her and take time to grieve thinking of you and hoping that you can be kind to yourself in the coming months. It has been a very painful journey I will be praying that the coming weeks will be easier for you and the funeral goes well. Rejoice in the good times.
With love
ANgela xxx

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Mameeskye
Please accept my sad condolences on the death your mother. She passed knowing that her family all loved her. You have been such a devoted daughter in your care of mum, nobody could have done any more than you. It is a blessing that she was peaceful at the end. She is free from this dreadful disease at last.
Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.
hendy

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thinking of you and sending sympathy at this sad time. Mum is now at peace. Take care of yourself and God Bless.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Mameeskye,

Your beloved mum is at rest, now.
So relieved it was so peaceful a transition..and that you were able to be there.

Love and sympathy...

gigi xx

BettyL

Jan 20, 2008
Essex
Dear Mameeskye

Such a moving account of a blessedly peaceful passing for your mum. Thank you for sharing it with us.

With heartfelt sympathy for you and your brother

BettyL

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Mameeskye

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Your lovely mum is now at peace from this horrible disease. Hope that you and your brother will also have peace too.

In my thoughts

Burf x x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Mameeskye,
Thank you for your beautiful, moving account of your mother's last few days. I'm happy your mother is now at peace. Please accept my sympathies to you and your family.

Take care of yourself.

Love,

usalori

Mar 31, 2008
Ohio USA
Dear Mameeskye,

Your post was a loving tribute to your dear mom. I have tears in my eyes after reading your beautiful words. Thank the angels for such a peaceful passing for your mom after a terribly difficult journey to get to that point. You are a daughter that would make any mother proud. God bless you.

Love,
Lori