Mum is very stiff and having trouble with her legs

Bittermama

Jun 9, 2012
Kingston, Surrey
Hi all, mum is now in late stages and is mostly bed ridden. She is now having problems with her legs as they are becoming very stiff and it's getting hard to separate them to change her. She crys out in pain whenever she is moved. She has a special mattress and OT are going to give her some special cushions. However I wanted to ask if there is any kind of medication she could take, like a muscle relaxant? Has anyone else had to deal with this kind of situation. Advice gratefully received. Thank you

Aitchbee

Nov 3, 2013
Hello. My Mum has very stiff arms that are now constantly contracted and her hands are the same. They are painful when moved. We recently had a physio come to see if there was anything they could suggest to help. She has given Mum palm protectors for her hands. She also said that there was some medication available to relax muscles but that we would need to discuss this with the GP to see if it would be suitable. So, to cut a long story short and get to the point, I would contact your GP for possible pain relief and also to see if a muscle relaxant would be appropriate!

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
Having had rheumatoid arthritis for years, even a couple of paracetamol regularly help to dull the pain until you get something else sorted.