mum is very ill

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Linda, so sorry to read this thread and to hear about your sad loss. You did your very best for your mum, and no one can ask for more. Your mum was well-loved and well-looked after by you. I hope that your sorrows lessen with time and with the realisation that your mum was lucky to have your love. Kind regards and deep sympathy, Deborah

RussellC

Jul 6, 2006
Linda

My sympathies to you on the loss of your Mum.

Grieve as you need to and look after yourself.

God bless

Russell

lindaj

Jan 15, 2007
Nottingham
Thankyou for all your messages. Its mums funeral today and thank god the sun is shining. It has been a strange week I am so used to visiting mum at least 3 times a week at the home and I feel like I have been made redundant. Everytime the phone rings I still think its going to be the home telling me mum wants to have a chat. I haven't been as upset as I thought I would be but I think thats because I know mum is at peace no more pain and anxiety. Her grandsons who visited her every week are missing her terribly thay have a little speech to say at the funeral. Lets hope the sun stays out :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Linda.

I hope your mum`s funeral is everything you hope it will be, a peaceful and gentle occasion, a loving farewell, and filled with gratitude for her life.

With love xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Linda, you are not redundant here. If you feel it would help, please come back and post again about today and anything else you need to say. Love Deborah

Last edited:

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
I am so very sorry for your loss and hope you will take some comfort in knowing your Mom is finally free of this disease and in a much better place.
God Bless,
Debbie

andrea rodger

Jun 6, 2007
croydon
lindaj said:
Mum was admitted into hospital 2 days ago with a very bad chest infection and antibiotics have not worked, so it has been agreed with a very heavy heart not to give her anymore treatment we have agreed for them to keep her hydrated with some some fluids and keep dignity at all times and as comfortable as possible but with no more interventions. Somebody please tell me I have done the right thing she has suffered so much this past year.

Linda
linda

i feel you have made the right decision. of course it was with a heavy heart. my mum has alzheimers and is in a nursing home very frail following a chest and urine infection. I feel very sad and know that i may also be facing the same situation as you. my heart is heavy too. i keep wishing hoping and praying for mum to recover but deep down i know that will not happen.
my prayers and thoughts are with you.

andrea

Grandaughter 1

Jan 17, 2006
Hampshire
I am thinking of you at this sad time as I am in a similar situation as you. My Granad died yesterday as he too had a chest infection. He has been on morpine for approximately a week.

Sending you my best wishes and condolences.

Louise xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Andrea, welcome to TP.

How kind that your first post on TP offers comfort to someone else.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Andrea

Welcome to TP. I'm sorry that your mum is so ill. At least you are prepared, fearing the worst while hoping for the best.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mum.

Love,