1. nicetotalk

nicetotalk Registered User

Sep 22, 2006
    stretford
    Hi linda

iam so very sorry you are haveing to go through this but i agree 110% that you have made the right decision. I went through the same thing with my mum last year its just heartbraking but you have done the right thing. In the end of my mums life they had to stop the drip as well as this was making things much worse for her you take care

thinking of you at this very sad time
    kathy

2. plastic scouser

plastic scouser Registered User

Linda,

Sorry to hear about this. So many of us have been here and no matter what we say it won't make you feel any better.

All I can say is remember how your Mum was, not how she is now, remember that she knows that you love her with all your heart and that what you are doing is because you love her so much.

3. Grommit

Grommit Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    Doncaster
    I too would like to add my support to you in all that you are going through. I find it difficult to make the smallest decisions so my thoughts are with you as you make this big one.

4. lindaj

lindaj Registered User

Jan 15, 2007
    Nottingham
    Mum passed away at 2.10am this morning very peacefully. The first day after we made the decision to stop the antibiotics was a strain we began to wonder if we had done the correct thing. They decided to stop keeping her hydrated yesterday because she wasn't absorbing the fluid so there was no point. After that she went down hill very quickly thankfully. We now know that we made the right decision mums suffering is over.

Thankyou for everyones support.

Linda

5. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    Dear Linda

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Love

Jennifer

6. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Linda

So sorry to hear of your mum's passing. Be assured that you made the right decision in allowing nature to take its course. Don't ever let doubts creep in.

This is a sad time for you, and you will have so many arrangements to make. If you can, come and tell us how you are getting on.

I'll be thinking of you.

Love,

7. jeanierec

jeanierec Registered User

May 7, 2007
    north yorkshire
    So sorry Linda I`ll be thinking of you and your family at this really sad time .

Love Jeanie

8. Helena

Helena Registered User

May 24, 2006
    Sorry to hear the news Linda however you made the correct decision

Your Mum like mine would not have wanted to see herself in the confused state she was in so CDiff is actually a blessing

9. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Linda, After years of suffering the end for your mother was peaceful. You know you made the right decision.

I would like to offer my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences to you and your family.

With love xx

10. janetruth

janetruth Registered User

Mar 20, 2007
    nuneaton
    I don't know if you are religeous, my Mum always calls Sunday 'Gods Day'.
    As you say Linda, you made the right choice and your Mums suffering is now over.
    I hope you and your family will get some commfort from those thoughts.

Hope you still keep posting.
    Take Care
    Janetruth x

11. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Sending you my condolences with lots of my love , may your mother now rest in peace xxx

12. jan.

jan. Registered User

Apr 19, 2006
    Cheshire, UK.
    Dear Linda,

Sending you sincere condolences and hugs at this sad time.

Thinking of you.

Love Jan.

13. hawaii50

hawaii50 Registered User

Dear Linda
    My thoughts and prayers are will you at this sad time. We did the same for my dad when he was dying of pnemonia after a long period in hospital with a stroke. We never regretted that decision.

She is at rest after a long difficult journey - be at peace yourself now too - you did the best thing possible and cared for her lovingly till the end.
    Elspeth

14. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Dear Linda

At last your Mum is at peace and free, look after yourself.

Thinking of you at this very sad time.

Kathleen

15. Áine

Áine Registered User

My sympathies Linda. It's a difficult time.
    Go gently on yourself.

hugs
    Áine

16. sue38

sue38 Registered User

Mar 6, 2007
    Wigan, Lancs
    Linda,

Just wanted to say how sorry I am, but you made the right decision. I am glad your mum's passing was peaceful.

Still thinking of you, your mum and your family.

Sue xx

17. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    My deepest sympathies are with you. I'm so glad for all of you that your mother's passing was peaceful. As others have said, your decision was the right one - always remember that, even in the dark hours. May you find peace and comfort in knowing she is in peace and without pain.

18. pammy14

pammy14 Registered User

Dec 5, 2005
    leicestershire
    So deeply sorry . as you may know the same thing happened with my sister Win just over a month ago. The decision was very hard but the right one. It sounds a peaceful end for your Mum but for Win it was very hard and I still have nightmares of her last couple of days.

My thoughts are with you.

19. fearful fiona

fearful fiona Registered User

Apr 19, 2007
    London
    Dear Linda

Very very sorry you've lost your mother. Be comforted that she went peacefully and you did your very best for her.

Thinking of you.

20. Tina

Tina Registered User

May 19, 2006
    So very sorry, Linda. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. The loss is so hard to bear, but may you find a little bit of relief and comfort in knowing she is at peace now.
    Hugs, Tina