Mum is still in hospital - 3 weeks now

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Gwennie, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Gwennie

Gwennie Registered User

Aug 15, 2010
    Cambridge
    Hello All

A quick update on Mum. She's still in hospital, although moved back to her local hospital last Thursday, so no more nightmare journeys to visit. Unfortunately mum needed angioplasty to clear a blockage in the veins in her right leg to increase the blood supply to her right foot which is infected. Anyway after much false hopes the DRs finally confirmed they would not do the op as mum does not comply and is unable to stay still for 5 mins and after the op she would have to keep still for 4 hours to avoid blood clots.
    So the infection is being treated orally with anitbiotics as mum keeps pulling out the her drip. She has been given a CT scan but I have not been told the results of this after almost a week. Still waiting for ss to assess mum as she needs to move to a home and on top of all of this I was made redundant from my full time job of 6 years yesterday!
    My 2011 has got off to a flying start!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Gwennie

2. Christin

Christin Registered User

Jun 29, 2009
    Somerset
    Hello, I am sorry to read you post. It is difficult when so many things go wrong at once. If mum is in hospital I am sure an assessment will be made before she moves to a CH. Perhaps you could ask for an appointment re the results of the scan? Best wishes to you. xx

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I`m so sorry Gwennie.
    Worry about your mum and losing your job , two major issues which will be making life very difficult for you. xx

4. together

together Registered User

May 25, 2010
    Derbyshire
    So sorry for you, sometimes everything seems to be a battle. My advice is to be persistent - my mum went into hospital seemingly for an x ray 9 weeks ago and things are moving now but looking back I should have been a lot more persistent and assertive when being passed from nurse to nurse with no answers to my queries/worries. SS were fairly efficient once involved but this was promised before Christmas and we didn't have a meeting til mid Jan. Not sure of your original thread but presume you are local therefore can visit regularly which I can't which will make things easier. Good luck Katherine x