MUM IS SLEEPING ALL THE TIME

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Hello to you all! Just after some advice. My mum had her 2nd major hip op on Tuesday. I personally did not think she was going to make it & the conversations with the Doctors also made me feel apprehensive and very worried. She has pulled through and she's doing ok is really all I can say!!
She's not eating or drinking much but she hasn't got her dentures with her! Would this make a difference or is it the dementia that's causing this? She also seems to be sleeping most of the time. I know when I visited her about ten days ago she was pretty much the same. Is this what I need to expect? I haven't plucked up the courage to visit her after this op. After all everything it seems falls on me. My sibling is no help in the slightest. She hasn't visited mum in over a year and this week has been very tough indeed! As wel as mum having her op on Tuesday It was my birthday on Thursday. It wasn't the happiest of days as my emotions are all over the place and I feel that the "Zest" for life has just been zapped out of me ....think it's going to take me some time to recover from all this turmoil. ?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think that 2 major operations so close together would take it out of anyone. It will take a while for her to recover - you can only wait and see how she is then.
Be kind to yourself and try and get some rest
xxx

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
I think that 2 major operations so close together would take it out of anyone. It will take a while for her to recover - you can only wait and see how she is then.
Be kind to yourself and try and get some rest
xxx
Thank you Canary for your words and thoughts. x

BMitchell

Sep 28, 2017
I would say that the point about not eating or drinking much might need some attention.

Without proper nutrition, recovery is going to be slower.

The problem might only be the dentures, as you mentioned.

Best of luck with a speedy recovery!!!

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
I would say that the point about not eating or drinking much might need some attention.

Without proper nutrition, recovery is going to be slower.

The problem might only be the dentures, as you mentioned.

Best of luck with a speedy recovery!!!
Thank you BMitchell: Mum has started eating better with encouragement & assistance. But you're right she needs more nutrients. I have asked if she has been given supplement drinks and she hasn't which I find strange. I think the hospital should automatically be giving her these if she's not eating much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar