Mum is on the way back to god.

peggy1967

Feb 18, 2018
My mum aged 86 with adv dementia, totally dependant on others has recently contracted aspirated pnemonia and is in palliative care within the home.

I have been with mum as her carer and son for the past 12 yrs at home until there was no better choice than for mum to go in to resi care a few weeks ago.

I love my mum, she is my best friend and I know I am so fortunate to have mum. Mum knows i love her a d i know mum loves me.

Mums quality of life has deteriated so much, that with love and wanting the best for mum, when mum returns to god i know mum will be at peace a happy and sad time.

Mums name is Peggy. If you can send a thought to god to look after mum.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your sad news. You have clearly been the best son for your mum and you know that she loves you. Wishing your mum peace and wishing you strength. Please keep posting here,. You're both in my thoughts.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I am wishing you strength over the coming days during such a difficult time but your mum has the comfort of such a loving and caring son with her as she nears the end of her illness. Thinking of you both

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
(((((hugs))))) @peggy1967
This is a difficult twilight zone time, when you know the end is coming, but have to wait and the waiting seems unbearable.
Prayers have already winged their way

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Wishing you strength and endurance for the days and weeks ahead, and thinking of your mum on her journey.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
So sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you as you move forward, wishing you strength as you care for your Mum at this time and she remains peaceful.

Sisu50

Jan 17, 2018
I am so sorry to hear your distressing news. I, too, am in a really sad place. I have looked after my mum and dad for three and a half years with the great help of family and a team of wonderful carers. Mum has advanced alzheimers and dad had vascular dementia. Last Monday he had a fall and to cut a long story extremely short, mum had to go into a care home on Friday evening this week and dad died in hospital on Saturday evening. The word numb does not come into it.........

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I am so sorry to hear your distressing news. I, too, am in a really sad place. I have looked after my mum and dad for three and a half years with the great help of family and a team of wonderful carers. Mum has advanced alzheimers and dad had vascular dementia. Last Monday he had a fall and to cut a long story extremely short, mum had to go into a care home on Friday evening this week and dad died in hospital on Saturday evening. The word numb does not come into it.........
My thoughts are with you at such a sad time.

CraftyJ

Jan 31, 2014
Bedfordshire
Peggy1967 - so sorry to hear your situation and I too am sending prayers for you and your mum in these next few days.

SiSu50 - my condolences to you on the loss of your dad, so soon after your mum going into care. Words cant express how you must feel. My heartfelt thoughts to you too and your family. x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I'm so sorry. What a heartbreaking time for you.