Mum is Hallucinating

Hazara8

Apr 6, 2015
Thank you so much for your message. Gosh! you should write a book! You have an amazing way of looking at things & putting it into words! Very insightful & helpful. Thank you. F
That is very kind. I do believe that the actual as opposed to the fiction, demands one be as accurate in delivering that actuality as is possible. If the words convey, then all to the good. And your thoughtful comments certainly add to that endeavor. Thank you.

Ramblingrose

Feb 2, 2020
I've just read the earlier posts and I am going through exactly the same with my mum and her hallucinations. She is seeing so many people in the house. Doesn't seem to recognise it as her house, thinks she's in a hotel so the other guests might steal her things. I can't begin to tell you what I pull out of her handbag on a daily basis which she is hiding from "the people". There have been birds on the carpet, dogs, cats and bugs. There's plenty more but I won't go on. It's weird that so many suffer the same hallucinations. Honestly, I do lose my patience and I defy anybody who cares for someone with dementia to stay calm all the time. Especially when I spend hours searching for things!

Lesley R

Sep 26, 2020
I've just read the earlier posts and I am going through exactly the same with my mum and her hallucinations. She is seeing so many people in the house. Doesn't seem to recognise it as her house, thinks she's in a hotel so the other guests might steal her things. I can't begin to tell you what I pull out of her handbag on a daily basis which she is hiding from "the people". There have been birds on the carpet, dogs, cats and bugs. There's plenty more but I won't go on. It's weird that so many suffer the same hallucinations. Honestly, I do lose my patience and I defy anybody who cares for someone with dementia to stay calm all the time. Especially when I spend hours searching for things!
Hello, I also have been reading all the earlier posts as I was keen to get some advice on hallucinations. I support a lady who is waiting for diagnosis but has hallucinations all the time. She seems to think she's living in a hospital and there are "people" upstairs. She talks to the voices nearly all the time. I am spending 2 hours with her every morning to give her husband a little break. Mostly I just listen and try to encourage a positive conversation by asking who these people are. Sometimes it's family members who she is hearing so I ask about them and try to get her to talk about when she was younger as she seems to enjoy that. Unfortunately she is mostly agitated by the voices and thinks she is being made to move out as they are going to blow the house up, or that they are stealing her money. It's so difficult to reassure her when she feels tormented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurPOA