Mum is gone

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
My dear Mum passed at 6.30 this evening, I took the call as I was driving to pick up my Sister to do our evening visit. We missed her passing but I know she passed peacefully and I think she wanted to go before we got there. So glad I got her the help she needed last night to make her comfortable. I lost her 10 years ago to this vile disease but it still hurts right now. I am so glad she is now at peace and free from this torment. Thank you all at TP for being my friends and my rock, I have received such wonderful advice and support. Xx

Ange

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm glad your mum is at peace now. Wishing you strength.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
My dear Mum passed at 6.30 this evening, I took the call as I was driving to pick up my Sister to do our evening visit. We missed her passing but I know she passed peacefully and I think she wanted to go before we got there. So glad I got her the help she needed last night to make her comfortable. I lost her 10 years ago to this vile disease but it still hurts right now. I am so glad she is now at peace and free from this torment. Thank you all at TP for being my friends and my rock, I have received such wonderful advice and support. Xx

Ange

Glad you were able to get her help she needed to make her comfortable.

They started my mother on 'just-in-case= meds today,just something to dry up the secretions which are causing her the breathing problems, but this evening when I saw her she didn't seem much different, though at least she wasn't turning blue as she had been earlier. Yet now they reckon she may be ytaken off them tomorrow?

I know it is a shock for you right now, but at least for your mother the lingering and suffering is over and you won't have any more 'emergency phone calls'.

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Glad you were able to get her help she needed to make her comfortable.

They started my mother on 'just-in-case= meds today,just something to dry up the secretions which are causing her the breathing problems, but this evening when I saw her she didn't seem much different, though at least she wasn't turning blue as she had been earlier. Yet now they reckon she may be ytaken off them tomorrow?

I know it is a shock for you right now, but at least for your mother the lingering and suffering is over and you won't have any more 'emergency phone calls'.

Thank you, I'm sorry you are going through this right now, I hope your Mother finds peace soon, take care xx

Ange

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My condolences to you Angemc. No matter how ill they've been, it's still a hard thing to lose our loved ones. Thinking of you.

Winky1973

Jul 28, 2017
So sorry Ange. My Mum went just over two weeks ago although like you I lost her years ago.

They are both at peace now and out of the torment which is dementia.

We all do our best on here to look after our loved ones and I know you fought to the bitter end to get the right care in place for your Mum. Please take some comfort from that. You did a fantastic job just when your Mum needed you most.

Thinking of you.

Sarah xx

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I'm so very sorry for your loss Ange. I lost my Mum just 2 months ago so I know how bewildering it is for you. Bitter and sweet.
I'm glad that you've found TP to be a source of support over the years.
Take care x

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Thank you, I'm sorry you are going through this right now, I hope your Mother finds peace soon, take care xx

Ange

Thanks for that angemc.
I am almost jealous for you that for you and your mother it is over.

I've been here so many times over the past 2 years and it seems as if yet again my mother is just 'having a rehearsal'.

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
So sorry Ange. My Mum went just over two weeks ago although like you I lost her years ago.

They are both at peace now and out of the torment which is dementia.

We all do our best on here to look after our loved ones and I know you fought to the bitter end to get the right care in place for your Mum. Please take some comfort from that. You did a fantastic job just when your Mum needed you most.

Thinking of you.

Sarah xx

Thank you xx

Ange