1. sheilarees53

sheilarees53 Registered User

Apr 11, 2006
    Beckenham Kent
    Mum died peacefully at 12.30 today. I am so sad I have lost my mum but in some ways glad that she is suffering no more. I have been mourning her for a long time but it was still a big shock when I received the phone call that she had gone.

One of my brothers and I went to say goodbye to her this afternoon. She looked peaceful.

Thank you to everyone who left kind words after my post last night. I wish you all well in the future.
    Love Sheila x

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Oh Sheila, I feel so sorry. Not for your mother, her struggle is over. Just for you. Please accept my deepest sympathies and don`t leave TP just yet. It will be here for you if ever you need it.
    Take care xx

3. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    I am so sorry to hear your news but understand how glad you are she is no longer suffering. A lot of the grieving starts too early in this terrible illness but it is still hard when the end finally comes.

It is good that you saw her looking peaceful when you went to say goodbye this afternoon.

Look after yourself now. Best wishes Jan

4. SusanB

SusanB Registered User

Jan 15, 2008
    Hove
    Sorry to hear your news

Sheila,

What sad news, I do hope that you are OK. You're right - your Mum is now at peace and is not suffering any more. I hope that you will cherish lots of happy memories of her and that your grief will ease in time.
    What an excellent idea TP is and I'm glad that you feel that you can share such raw news with the Forum.
    Susan

5. Les

Les Registered User

Jun 23, 2004
    Hampshire
    My deepest sympathy Sheila. my thoughts are with you.
    Love Lesleyx

6. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Sheila,
    I send you and your family my condolences at the loss of your Mum.
    Best wishes
    Christine

7. robinneff

robinneff Registered User

Jan 11, 2008
    pittsburgh pa
    I'm so sorry about your mum...i think my mother may have alzheimers, but she has not been diagnosed yet. we started her on aricept, but see no change really yet. she is 71 yrs old, and i am dying inside for her....Robin

8. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Sheila, I'm so sorry tht you've lost your mum, but pleased that her suffering is over. I'm glad that in the end it was peaceful, and you can take comfort in that.

Take care of yourself now, and give yourself time to grieve. Talk to us whenever you feel you want to, we're still here for you.

Love,

9. Doreen99

Doreen99 Registered User

Jan 12, 2008
    Sheffield
    Dear Sheila

I'm glad it was peaceful for your mum. I know how much of a shock it is when someone dies, even though you've been expecting it for some time and think you're prepared for it, you never are.

You're probably on auto-pilot at the moment, because it's so recent. The grieving process can be so difficult, especially when the guilt and anger kick in, so please post again if you feel the need for some support to get you through it.

My sympathy to you and your family.

10. nickyd

nickyd Registered User

Oct 20, 2007
    warwickshire
    Dear Sheila,
    Sending you my Heartfelt Sympathy, it is just so sad and I am so sorry for you all. No more suffering for your Mum, but I know you are, so take care of yourself...
    Lots of Love and Hugs,

11. Mameeskye

Mameeskye Registered User

Aug 9, 2007
    NZ
    Dear Sheila

MY thoughts are with you at this sad time. I am so glad for you all that the end was peaceful when it came. Although this is a time of great sadness it is also a new beginning.

Thinking of you at this sad time. May your memories be good ones.

Love

Mameeskye

12. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Dear Sheila, so sorry to read your news. You now need time to grieve and adjust. Please look after yourself.

13. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Dear Sheila,
    I am so glad that your mother passed peacefully. I hope that this brings you some measure of comfort. My sympathies to you and your family. Please take care of yourself and keep in touch with us when you feel ready.

14. snooky

snooky Registered User

May 12, 2007
    devon
    Dear Sheila,
    So sorry to hear your sad news about your mum. It is nice to know, though, that she passed peacefully and obviously knew how truly loved she was. Thinking of you and and your family. Take care.
    Snooky x

15. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Dear Sheila,
    I am so sorry for you. No matter how old we are, losing a beloved parent is one of the most difficult things in our lives. Take comfort from knowing she went peacefully and that you were always there for her. Thinking of you.

16. clarethebear

clarethebear Registered User

Oct 16, 2007
    manchester, uk
    Hi Sheila

Im sorry to hear of the passing of your mother, however I'm glad it was a peacefull end for her. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Take Care
    Clare

17. jacqueline100

jacqueline100 Registered User

Jun 16, 2007
    Hi Sheila,

So sorry to hear about your mum. Be kind to yourself.

Regards

Jacqueline

18. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Dear Sheila,

Your mum is at peace now and free from all her suffering.

Deepest Sympathy
    Take Care,
    Love Taffy.

19. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    Dear Sheila

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mum but pleased she had a peaceful end.

Sending love and sympathy to you and all your family, look after yourself.

Linda x

20. janjan

janjan Registered User

Jan 27, 2006
    Birmingham
    Hi Sheila.

Sending you my condolences for the loss of your poor mom.
    Her suffering is over, but a sad loss for you to bear.

Take care of yourself, Janet.