Mum is at peace one

Boney

Dec 9, 2012
I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since I posted mum was hardly eating. She finally lost her battle yesterday and passed peacefully. What a fight she's had and her strength never failed to amaze us. Despite the hours we sat with her, she chose to go when we weren't there which is so often the case I'm told. That would be so typical of mum. Anything to try and spare our pain. Thank you to everyone who has supported me these last few months. My mum is at peace now and I wish you and your loved ones the same. Love you forever mum x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry to read of your Mum's passing Boney. Your Mum's strength was indeed amazing and I'm sure she channeled that strength to go in her own time-she chose to go when you were not there.

I wish you strength and peace for the times ahead.

Take care

Lyn T

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read about your loss. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come.

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
So sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you.
Take comfort in the knowledge that you have been there for your loved one Like you say, it's often the case as soon as you're not, that's when they choose to leave us.
I am in the exact same position as you have been recently. My mum's hardly eating / drinking now and i know it will soon be her time also.
Take care and thank you for sharing.

Boney

Dec 9, 2012
Strength

So sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you.
Take comfort in the knowledge that you have been there for your loved one Like you say, it's often the case as soon as you're not, that's when they choose to leave us.
I am in the exact same position as you have been recently. My mum's hardly eating / drinking now and i know it will soon be her time also.
Take care and thank you for sharing.
Vickyg I wish you all the strength you are going to need. I thought I was prepared, but how wrong was I. Draw on happy memories to see you through and leave nothing unsaid then like us you will have no regrets. Take care x

Boney

Dec 9, 2012
Thank you

Thank you for all the kind words. We can't beat this illness yet.... But maybe one day there will be a cure and prevent all the pain that we read about here. X

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
No regrets

Vickyg I wish you all the strength you are going to need. I thought I was prepared, but how wrong was I. Draw on happy memories to see you through and leave nothing unsaid then like us you will have no regrets. Take care x

Hi Boney

As someone who's worked within care for around the last 15 years, i'm as prepared as i can be. Don't get me wrong, it's a whole different ball game when it's one of your own. I think i'm quite fortunate to have a bit of knowledge, but on the other hand sometimes, ignorance is bliss, as the old saying goes.

Thanks for your reply, please take sometime for YOU and take care xx

shandy123

Mar 3, 2013
Hi Boney,

Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother, I am going through a similar time with my mother at the moment, I wish you peace in your life, remember the good times over the bad times, I feel your pain.

shandy xx