Mum in hospital yet again

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Thinking of you both, AG. In the light of you being poorly yourself, I wonder if there is any other way you could get someone to stay with your mum, even overnight if necessary?

Are there any schemes for this sort of sitting service, I wonder?

Would your mum's home be willing to send someone? Or am I being a bit niave here? :eek:

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thinking of you both, AG. In the light of you being poorly yourself, I wonder if there is any other way you could get someone to stay with your mum, even overnight if necessary?

Are there any schemes for this sort of sitting service, I wonder?

Would your mum's home be willing to send someone? Or am I being a bit niave here? :eek:
You never know unless you ask, a good thought CG

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
Hi, the hospital have someone sitting with her at all times because she's a fall risk (she's not afraid to crawl over bed rails!).

I just would like her to be back in her own surroundings really. She can wander round, etc.

The hospital rang a few minutes ago and said they are hoping to discharge her today, they've just got to wait for the ward round.

To be honest I've got all these mixed feelings. In one way while she's in the hospital I know her health and wellbeing is being monitored but while she's in the CH I know she's more settled and among people who know and understand her.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Let's hope they let her go to CH tonight AG and that, that might settle her. Hope you feel a bit better:)xx

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
I hope so. My brother will be going to see her soon. I hope she settles back home soon.

Perhaps I should buy her a crash helmet :rolleyes:

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Oh I'm so glad they were able to provide someone to sit with her, AG. I've only seen that happen once during the times I've been with various family members in hospital, so that's good.

I understand mixed feelings very, very well. Fingers crossed that she will be discharged and soon home among familiar faces.

xx

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
She came home at 8pm tonight CG, I'm hoping she settles back soon. She wasn't eating well again in hospital. I'm sure her head must still be very sore.

Really hope the drama stops for a while now! Xx

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Glad to hear your Mum is back in her care home, hope she gets back to eating again, perhaps the familiar surroundings and encouragement from carers will help xx

Ange

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Pleased to hear your mum is back at her care home AG, what a relief. I hope she will settle again quickly and start eating and drinking. At least at the care home they will know her and have time to persuade her. A rest needed for you too xx