Mum in hospital; am facing that question

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
My mum is in hospital with an infection which they are treating her for possible pneumonia! She has since had chest x-rays and the infection is not coming from her chest. The hospital are unsure as to where the cause is ..... I have also had the very difficult conversation with the hospital doctor that she feels that mum is getting to the stage where she may not survive this infection.

I am shocked upset nervous etc. I knew this was coming. I too am facing that question??? I will post again concerning the news of my mum. Strength to you.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
@Roman223 , so sorry to read about your loved one. Remember to look after yourselves during these difficult times. Thinking of you.

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
So sorry to hear this, how very sad. I could be reading this as my situation at the moment. Mum stopped eating etc a few weeks ago along with delirium. Blood tests came back ok and only an underlying bacterial infection in urine so treated with anti-biotics. Things were looking slightly better then she had a fall on Friday - took 6 hours for the paramedics to get to the care home but no bones broken a very slight relief. However, mum back to not eating or drinking and is sooooo tiny and frail - I keep expecting the phone to go with the news but she seems to hang on which is awful really although I don't want to lose my mum :( XX

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Hello Snuffette: I am so sorry to hear of your mum and your circumstances. It's such a horrible and distressing time. I can only send my wishes to you and hopefully we both may find the strength to deal with this. X

Snuffette

Jan 11, 2021
Hello Snuffette: I am so sorry to hear of your mum and your circumstances. It's such a horrible and distressing time. I can only send my wishes to you and hopefully we both may find the strength to deal with this. X
Hi Roman223 - it is such a horrible disease isn't it :( I could never have foreseen this coming a couple of years ago. Sending love x

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Hello Snuffette: I too never would have envisaged my mum deteriorating so quickly. The last 2 years have just been hell! (Sorry)!! My mum has suffered so much pain over the last few months that is really indescribable!! no one knows In the outside world what you're going through ... You have to put on a brave face ? and sometimes you just can't. Sending you lots of love. Thinking of you too. X

Snuffette

Jan 11, 2021
Hello Snuffette: I too never would have envisaged my mum deteriorating so quickly. The last 2 years have just been hell! (Sorry)!! My mum has suffered so much pain over the last few months that is really indescribable!! no one knows In the outside world what you're going through ... You have to put on a brave face ? and sometimes you just can't. Sending you lots of love. Thinking of you too. X
Thank you Roman223. A lovely message :) Somehow we have to put one foot in front of the other. X

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
My mum is in hospital with an infection which they are treating her for possible pneumonia! She has since had chest x-rays and the infection is not coming from her chest. The hospital are unsure as to where the cause is ..... I have also had the very difficult conversation with the hospital doctor that she feels that mum is getting to the stage where she may not survive this infection.

I am shocked upset nervous etc. I knew this was coming. I too am facing that question??? I will post again concerning the news of my mum. Strength to you.
Reading these posts again as well as mine which I posted nearly 3 weeks ago, I really can't believe I'm saying this but my mum is on EOL! I'm not going to post too much as I'm finding this very difficult, but I wish whoever is going through this extremely difficult and very stressful situation love and strength! ? x

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry @Roman223

Such a hard time. If you want to start a thread we can hold your virtual hand throughout this period. It can be very isolating living in this limboland.
Dont forget to eat and sleep
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
So sorry to read your latest post @Roman223. It’s such a difficult time but remember to look after yourself. You and your Mum are in my thoughts and prayers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba