mum in care home

janice1

Sep 22, 2009
up north
my mum is now in the care home, my sisters and brother took her. she is already looking for a way to get out. it is a secure unit, so at least she is safe. my sisters have introduced her to the hair dresser, its just heart breaking . i will try to get to coventry to see her this weekend

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Janice, hi
I've pleased you've had news of how it went today, heartbreaking but as you say she is safe and will be well looked after, I do hope she settles well and you have a good visit at the weekend, fingers crossed.
With best wishes from Jo

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Janice, so heartbreaking for you and your family. Thinking of you.

Turbo

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Janice, I'm pleased for you and for your sisters that your Mum is safe and secure. Yes she doesn't like it, that's not surprising. It's different to what she's used to, smells wrong, sounds wrong, but she is safe. ( as are the drivers on the M6 :)) This is a breathing space for you all, if you get to visit this weekend all well and good, BUT if you don't or can't....that is not a sin and it certainly isn't a crime. The world will not stop turning if you actually put you and yours first for a change. Build up your strength and you'll cope better. Love Maureen.x.

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
janice, youve done the hardest part and no doubt tonight and the next few days will be tough on you but dont give up hope. Shes safe and secure albeit not exactly happy, and at least you know you wont have the police at the door telling you shes half way down the motorway! Tomorrows the first day of the next chapter and with the help and support of the CH, family, friends etc you will get through this. Face each day as it comes and accept that you havent let her down, youre just showing your love in a different way now. good luck x

janice1

Sep 22, 2009
up north
mum is safe

i know that mum will take time to settle, in the meantime i am putting a photo albulm together to give to mum, of all the lovely times we shared(and still will) .she is safe and looked after, and the motorways are betty free!!!!!!, thanks for all your words of support xxxxxxx

Sal the caker

Dec 14, 2010
Huddersfield
Hi Janice,
We felt exactly the same when we had to get mum "assessed" in the hospital, beginning of december. The social worker and Crisis nurse took her away in their car, I had to tell dad to come away from the window, we had to tell her she was just going in for a rest. I knew then, that she'd never be coming home, it was heartbreaking, we're waiting to get mum into a home now, and that will be heartbreaking again, but I agree, we've got to console ourselves that thinking they are safe, fed and watered, getting the care, that in most cases is beyond our realistic means. I hope she settles soon and you can have nice visits, I've done an album for mum too, but she doesn't look at it at the moment, I can just hope, when, and if, she calms down a bit, I can look through it with her.
xxx
sally.

serena

Jul 17, 2010
Hampshire
Janice, I do feel for you as the situation is truly heart-breaking. Have to agree with other comments above, your Mum is safe. Here's hoping she can settle in given a little time. All best wishes Serenax

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa